ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread.
Aug 12, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #31 of 1,522
All the impressions so far seem to be excellent. Since they are both in the same price bracket and t50 mods, anybody have any direct comparisons to the Alpha Dogs yet?
yes i have.
They will both occupy separate lanes. The AD is faster, tighter in bass, less qty in bass and mids, similar soundstage, sightly moe open in terms of reverb from cups, a shade more detailed. The vibro will have more mids, stronger bass slam, almost as open, and close to the amount of AD highs but a shade or two less. Neither are grainy and if I could afford to I would have both. If I were to price them based on technicalities I would price the AD at 40 usd more. If I were to price them based on musicality I would price the Vibro at 60 usd more but this statement is almost nonsense because ppl don't pay for musicality alone. If so you could price the momentum above the hd800 I am just trying to describe marginal differences.

BOTH do above their price for technicalities IMO and both are musical. IE both can beat the Pandora hope vi at 699 ( a very good hp) a lot of areas technically.

Aug 12, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #32 of 1,522
yes i have.
They will both occupy separate lanes. The AD is faster, tighter in bass, less qty in bass and mids, similar soundstage, sightly moe open in terms of reverb from cups, a shade more detailed. The vibro will have more mids, stronger bass slam, almost as open, and close to the amount of AD highs but a shade or two less. Neither are grainy and if I could afford to I would have both. If I were to price them based on technicalities I would price the AD at 40 usd more. If I were to price them based on musicality I would price the Vibro at 60 usd more but this statement is almost nonsense because ppl don't pay for musicality alone. If so you could price the momentum above the hd800 I am just trying to describe marginal differences.

BOTH do above their price for technicalities IMO and both are musical. IE both can beat the Pandora hope vi at 699 ( a very good hp) a lot of areas technically.

In other words, you can't go wrong with either choice. I admit I do like the look and feel of the wooden cups more.

Aug 12, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #33 of 1,522
Has anyone seen a picture of this with the blue strain?

I don't think Zach's even made a pair with the blue, but shigzeo has a pair with blue and cordovan mixed and it's really pretty.

Aug 12, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #36 of 1,522
How does it compare with HE560? Which one would u keep?

HONESTLY

THIS... I am not saying this is better. The 560 is better technically. But the Vibro is clear and It gets right to my music and doesnt play around. 

My homie just released an album and I tried to play it first with the he560 but I kept the Vibro on. 

Aug 12, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #37 of 1,522
It would be a nice option if you could send in your ZMF V1 or V2 and get it upgraded to the Vibro like the Mad Dogs to Alphas, but I guess I'm just dreaming for now.

Aug 13, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #38 of 1,522
  It would be a nice option if you could send in your ZMF V1 or V2 and get it upgraded to the Vibro like the Mad Dogs to Alphas, but I guess I'm just dreaming for now.

I'd expect the response you'd get would be something along the lines of it would financially be more reasonable to sell the ZMF V1/2 yourself than trading in.

Aug 13, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #39 of 1,522

I'd expect the response you'd get would be something along the lines of it would financially be more reasonable to sell the ZMF V1/2 yourself than trading in.

True, it's just more of a hassle to sell off gear. Even though it's probably more expensive, it would also be much more convenient.

Aug 13, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #40 of 1,522
True, it's just more of a hassle to sell off gear. Even though it's probably more expensive, it would also be much more convenient.

I can certainly sympathize. I have some headphones I really should sell, but I've just been too lazy to want to deal with the hassle.

Aug 13, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #41 of 1,522
It's just the fact that there are always last minute flakers, negotiations, shipping, etc, and most importantly, there has to be interest and people willing to shell out money.
It's easy and quick to buy stuff off of here but takes forever to sell stuff.

Either way, I don't know how much harder it would be for Zach to do upgrades considering the different cups/tuning/testing. It would probably be more difficult than modding the original t50 into the ZMF since you have to replace the regular cups with wooden housing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back