ZMF Verite Open
Nov 6, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #6,976 of 9,535
headfi 1.jpeg

Since I can’t contain my excitement, and because they’re burning in as I type this, I thought I’d share some pics of my newly-arrived African Blackwood Vérité. They’re gorgeous and I’m absolutely delighted by them. I’m ever so grateful to Zach, Bevin, and their colleagues for making such a wonderful pair of headphones.

headfi 2.jpeg

These headphones are by far the biggest purchase I’ve made in this hobby; I’d been saving up for quite a while. I'm sorry the pics aren't better. I'm not sure they do the headphones justice.

headfi 3.jpeg

I’d wanted to get a pair of the Vérité ever since I first heard them at CanJam NYC (out of an Yggy and ampsandsound Bigger Ben, if memory serves, and then later out of a Pendant). Much as @Pharmaboy has noted above, I fell in love with the Vérité’s exciting speed and resolution combined with its lovely rich, inviting, slightly dark tone. Before hearing the Vérité, I’d tended to associate speed and resolution with brighter sound signatures (I have the HD 800 SDR).

headfi 4.jpeg

I’d been slowly saving up for a pair when ZMF released this African Blackwood version. I’d always hoped there would be a limited edition like this as I’ve long been a fan of darker woods.

headfi 5.jpeg

I also have a pair of the Massdrop x Fostex TH-X00 Ebony headphones. They share the same quality as these Vérité headphones in having a subtle grain that, depending on the light, can appear to be almost onyx black or, in soft autumnal sunshine, beautifully textured and colorful.

headfi 6.jpeg

I’ll post some impressions when I’ve burned them properly (I’m at 40 hours so far). I’ve listened to them briefly in that time and am trying to be patient - I suspect I’d have a harder time being patient were it not for the pleasure of simply admiring such beautiful wood and such impressive craftsmanship by everyone at ZMF.

headfi 7.jpeg
awesome shots. I love the grains. it seems smoother finish then others. since it's poreless wood?

Nov 7, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #6,977 of 9,535
it seems smoother finish then others. since it's poreless wood?
I don't know if the African Blackwood is poreless. It's certainly a different texture than the Pheasantwood, for example - at least when I look closely at mine and photos of the Pheasantwood.

It might also have something to do with the finish, which is pre-catalyzed water based lacquer rather than Osmo hardwax oil or Tru oil varnish.

Nov 8, 2021 at 1:56 AM Post #6,978 of 9,535
headfi 1.jpeg

Since I can’t contain my excitement, and because they’re burning in as I type this, I thought I’d share some pics of my newly-arrived African Blackwood Vérité. They’re gorgeous and I’m absolutely delighted by them. I’m ever so grateful to Zach, Bevin, and their colleagues for making such a wonderful pair of headphones.

headfi 2.jpeg

These headphones are by far the biggest purchase I’ve made in this hobby; I’d been saving up for quite a while. I'm sorry the pics aren't better. I'm not sure they do the headphones justice.

headfi 3.jpeg

I’d wanted to get a pair of the Vérité ever since I first heard them at CanJam NYC (out of an Yggy and ampsandsound Bigger Ben, if memory serves, and then later out of a Pendant). Much as @Pharmaboy has noted above, I fell in love with the Vérité’s exciting speed and resolution combined with its lovely rich, inviting, slightly dark tone. Before hearing the Vérité, I’d tended to associate speed and resolution with brighter sound signatures (I have the HD 800 SDR).

headfi 4.jpeg

I’d been slowly saving up for a pair when ZMF released this African Blackwood version. I’d always hoped there would be a limited edition like this as I’ve long been a fan of darker woods.

headfi 5.jpeg

I also have a pair of the Massdrop x Fostex TH-X00 Ebony headphones. They share the same quality as these Vérité headphones in having a subtle grain that, depending on the light, can appear to be almost onyx black or, in soft autumnal sunshine, beautifully textured and colorful.

headfi 6.jpeg

I’ll post some impressions when I’ve burned them properly (I’m at 40 hours so far). I’ve listened to them briefly in that time and am trying to be patient - I suspect I’d have a harder time being patient were it not for the pleasure of simply admiring such beautiful wood and such impressive craftsmanship by everyone at ZMF.

headfi 7.jpeg
Fantastic looking headphones! Congrats!

Nov 8, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #6,980 of 9,535
Nothing top notch here but hoping it will be pleasant listening sessions based on some of the feedback I have read. Pairing VO with Singxer SA-1 for now until I venture into the tube world😁
20211108_133812-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #6,981 of 9,535
Nothing top notch here but hoping it will be pleasant listening sessions based on some of the feedback I have read. Pairing VO with Singxer SA-1 for now until I venture into the tube world😁
20211108_133812-01.jpeg
I hear good tings about the SA-1...enjoy!

Nov 8, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #6,982 of 9,535
20211108_133812-01.jpeg
Everything starts somewhere and ive heard good things about this Singxer also :) You'll get there, where you wanna be eventually! But im sure in the meantime VO will sound impressive also!

Nov 8, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #6,986 of 9,535
Wow. I have a DX300 with amp12. I've never thought it can drive the VC and on the go that impossible becomes Possible :)
Well, in term of Black background, you will be surprise..
but Soundstage, well its different matters... IMO...

VO on DX300 AMP12 will give the widest Soundstage, based on my experience... yet driving with desktop AMP will be more appropriate... well its better then none for on the go setup..

Nov 9, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #6,988 of 9,535
Im looking around for an upgrade to my Audeze LCD-2.2 (pre-fazor). I really like the bass, the resolution and the liquid mids. I would like a bit more soundstage and a bit less darkness up top. Im running it from my Bottlehead S.E.X. with C4S upgrade, which I intend to keep.

Have anyone compared the LCD-2.2s and Vérité?

Nov 9, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #6,989 of 9,535

Nov 10, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #6,990 of 9,535
I've been having a lot of fun with this combo! The amp is on kind loan... it slaps! Hopefully get a video up on it by next week =) @ampsandsound Agartha! I'm the third owner of these VO! I've been wanting them since first seeing them though ha!

Attachments

• ZMFVOprple-1.jpg
    ZMFVOprple-1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back