ZMF Verite Open
Nov 1, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #6,946 of 9,535
I've used my VO on top notch OTL's, SET's and solid state amps. Sounds fantastic on all of them. OTL's do give you a little more versatility with tube swapping, but you can also achieve very similar results with pad rolling.

Shameless plug of my VO pad review: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/zmf-verite.890270/post-16562143

:wink:
I do not own the VO, I have the VC.
I 100% agree with you as i feel the same way about the VC... . OTL/SET/SS they all bring their own sound to the mix and present in a different way.
Every one of them sound great in my opinion. Choice is good, it all depends what you prefer really.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2021 at 5:32 AM Post #6,950 of 9,535
Sorry to double-post this (posted an individual thread): I've had a heck of a time with my large ears finding higher-end headphones that fit. I'll run into problems with one of two dimensions:
  1. insufficient cup size (many)
  2. Insufficient depth (Audio Technica and Beyerdynamic often fault from these)

I'm in love with the VCs (especially the gorgeous stabilized ones), but I'm worried that I'll get them and can't stand wearing them for long periods (like my Mr. Headphones Ether CX).

Nov 2, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #6,951 of 9,535
Sorry to double-post this (posted an individual thread): I've had a heck of a time with my large ears finding higher-end headphones that fit. I'll run into problems with one of two dimensions:

I'm in love with the VCs (especially the gorgeous stabilized ones), but I'm worried that I'll get them and can't stand wearing them for long periods (like my Mr. Headphones Ether CX).
Cup size shouldn’t be a problem, depth depends on the pad. With the universe pads, I highly doubt there would be an issue.

Nov 4, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #6,952 of 9,535

Cup size shouldn’t be a problem, depth depends on the pad. With the universe pads, I highly doubt there would be an issue.
Can confirm. As a proud member of the Dumbo Ears Society, I have had no problems wearing VC with the universe pads.

Unfortunately the same cannot be said for my newly purchased LCD X 2021. 😓

Nov 4, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #6,953 of 9,535
20211104_152011.jpg

What a pleasant sounds, it's really a great synergies IMO, Authority sounds & great soundstage as the highlight. Really make a very high bar in my closed back headphone quest...

Nov 5, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #6,956 of 9,535
Where's the NSFW tag on here?!?

Nov 5, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #6,957 of 9,535
Nov 5, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #6,960 of 9,535
I love the mix stabilized sets, nice different direction. Natural and colored tones are on point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back