ZMF Verite Open
Dec 20, 2020 at 3:03 AM Post #5,672 of 9,535
I’m debating the following two setups:
- Hugo TT2 plus M-Scaler
- Mogwai SE plus Yggdrasil 2
What about TT2 and put the M-Scaler money towards a tube amp a bit less pricey such as a Feliks Euphoria or below in the line, or a Pendant? That's where I'm ending up.

I love the Hugo 2 and have mostly been using that with the Pro iCAN with rolled tubes, and presume I'll prefer the TT2 even more as a DAC for the Glenn OTL (if that ever comes). With that I'll have a very high end DAC, an excellent solid state amp (with the TT2 said to be slightly warmer than the Hugo 2), and an amazing tube amp. The TT2 will also improve my electrostatic setup, so makes it very versatile.

Dec 20, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #5,674 of 9,535
Option 2 should give you what you want - silky smooth and warm sound, punchy bass and some attack.

Or Go with Yggdrasil + Auris Nirvana :yum: man Nirvana will give you Seismic bass, silky smooth, caressing warmth and speaker like bass :relaxed: I just listen to Qutest > Auris Nirvana > LCD-4 at downtown Minidisc head-fi shop on Sat and it was deliciously good. I didn't want to go home. I've no doubt if you substitute Verite for LCD-4, you will be just as pleased.. maybe more.

IMG_1564.jpg
i've listened to Verite + Nirvana @ Singapore.... it was really intoxicating as Verite scaled really well to Nivana's younger brother HA2..... just the Nirvana's asking price bit too over my reach....

when i get my Verite, will definitely bring to Wing's place and relive the experience

Dec 20, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #5,675 of 9,535
i've listened to Verite + Nirvana @ Singapore.... it was really intoxicating as Verite scaled really well to Nivana's younger brother HA2..... just the Nirvana's asking price bit too over my reach....

when i get my Verite, will definitely bring to Wing's place and relive the experience

Just be careful though. It's an experience not easily forgotten. :relaxed: Nirvana is not only about power (and it has plenty), it's about refinement, control and pretty amazing bass reproduction. With no music playing, I turn the volume to max and there's no distortion, hiss or any noise. It's almost AUD$10,000 though.

Oh well you've already listened to that combination in Singapore, so you know how that sound.

Other choices are as @robo24 said - Feliks Euforia and Glenn Super 9 OTL amp. I've owned both and they are very good. Between the 2, I prefer GOTL because I just love how Mullard ECC33 or Sylvania 6sn7w metal base with 6 x 6bx7gt power tubes sound on the GOTL. I've only heard Verite with GOTL though as I have already sold off Euforia by the time Verite came into my possession.

Other amps that I like with Verite are ALO Audio Studio Six, Woo Audio WA22 and surprise surprise - La Figaro 339. :wink: Oh on Oblivion it's pretty good too. All these amps I've owned or still currently owning.

I prefer Verite with tube amps whether OTL or transformer coupled.

Dec 20, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #5,677 of 9,535
Anybody have an idea what's the usual timeline for new limited editions? For the desert ironwood, would it be something like a March/April 2021 eta?

Dec 20, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #5,678 of 9,535
Option 2 should give you what you want - silky smooth and warm sound, punchy bass and some attack.

Or Go with Yggdrasil + Auris Nirvana :yum: man Nirvana will give you Seismic bass, silky smooth, caressing warmth and speaker like bass :relaxed: I just listen to Qutest > Auris Nirvana > LCD-4 at downtown Minidisc head-fi shop on Sat and it was deliciously good. I didn't want to go home. I've no doubt if you substitute Verite for LCD-4, you will be just as pleased.. maybe more.

IMG_1564.jpg

Thank you for reminding me that the Nirvana, just by how it looks, has been haunting me for years! Such a beautiful piece of equipment. I love what you said about the bass! There might be something here to explore.

Dec 20, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #5,680 of 9,535
Thank you for reminding me that the Nirvana, just by how it looks, has been haunting me for years! Such a beautiful piece of equipment. I love what you said about the bass! There might be something here to explore.
I love my Nirvana with my Verite Open, Susvara, Utopia and .....

1608498288207.jpeg

Dec 20, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #5,685 of 9,535
Beauty! What dac are you using? Did you tube roll?
Currently I’m using my Bryston BDA3. Occasionally I use my Bricasti M1 SE from my other system. I have rolled tubes in the Nirvana. My current favorite tubes are a NOS Brimar CV4003 single driver tube and a matched pair of Sophia Electric EL34 ST output tubes. Yesterday I put a Synergistic SR Orange fuse in the amp and it made a positve impact. I’m listening to my VO/Nirvana tonight and sound is a beautiful 3D landscape. The VO and Susvara are my 2 favorite headphones paired with the Nirvana.

I made several recent changes to my digital chain that made a big SQ impact. I added an Uptone Audio Etherregen, 2 new Triode Wire Labs ethernet cables, and an Innuos Phoenix USB Reclocker connected to my Aurender N100H streamer/server with a short Curious Evolved USB link. I also have a Paul Hynes SR4T LPS on order for the Etherregen. The changes bring my digital system SQ much closer to my analog Rega P10/Apheta 3/ Luxman EQ-500 system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back