ZMF Spring Limiteds, CanJam NYC and Estimated Release Schedule for Caldera Closed and BOKEH Open!
Mar 1, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #46 of 454
Everything, as usual looks fantastic, but I'm quite impressed with the job that @Cayin did with the aesthetics on the Aegis. That amp looks killer, and if it sounds like the OG Aegis, even better!

Mar 1, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #47 of 454
I obviously need a second and third job to keep up with all these new releases. I just seem to be falling further behind. I'd try selling vital organs but I'd need to heal like Prometheus just to keep up. I don't think the risk reward ratio is quite there for me to drug mule. Same for petty crime. It would need to be a really big heist to be worth it. I might have too much conscience for that type of thing though. So hitman and lawyer are off the list as well. I'm too anti-social (and not nearly pretty enough) to be an influencer. And I'm definitely unwilling to exploit my cats for profit. Professional gambler is almost a possibility, but my math skills and general inscrutability are easily made irrelevant by an excess of plain old crappy luck. Are there any careers that reward whining?

Mar 1, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #48 of 454
Are there any careers that reward whining?
Could try your hand at being an influencer?

Seriously though every time I think I'm good, a new release tempts. Originally I would have thought that Cocobolo AC would be calling the most but honestly the Queensland maple AC might have the most pull for me after watching Zach's video (also I'm pretty sure it's a more lightweight wood).

Mar 1, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #50 of 454
The amber varnish on Atrium looks really amazing. The new cloth makes the black grill stand out a bit more too. Fantastic change!

In my opinion, the new Cherry version is now one of the most stunning Atrium.

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:02 PM Post #52 of 454
Really hope being able to hear and eventually purchase Caldera Closed during Munich Highend

Or @zach915m, need an early review?

1709334135631.png

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 6:21 PM Post #53 of 454
No one has mentioned it here yet, but those Bokeh closed sitting on the little Cayin amp are beautiful. Is that the new stock "natural" look, or the LTD cherry run a while back? If not either, what are they??? Hot!

*** EDIT *** Now having watched the video, I see that those ARE the new natural finish Bokeh.

Screen Shot 2024-03-01 at 9.57.06 AM.png
That spalted, natural Bokeh is a stunner.

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #54 of 454
My wallet is screaming at me as I'm putting this order in for the Auteur's in Mango. At the same time I'm desperately holding out for what's coming in the stabilized/resin batch while trying not to add both the cocobolo/queens maple ACs to the checkout...

I may or may not have an Auteur Classic stabilized in the classifieds...

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #55 of 454
I do not need or want another headphone, but I'd say there's at least a 30% chance I walk out of CanJam with one of those Canare Atriums or a Cocobolo AC. They are so beautiful I can't even.

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #57 of 454
That Atrium Closed LTD looks absolutely beautiful. But as a recent purchaser of the Bokeh, I'm not sure I can justify another lovely closed set, when I've been searching for an open set of headphones for a while.

(I would kill for the Caldera or Atrium Opens in that cocobolo wood.... I'm apparently a sucker for a dark reddish stain)

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #58 of 454
I don't need more temptations...tbh I wasn't even looking to pick up an Auteur, but that mango wood forced my hand.

I need to keep this on loop to "stop" buying more ZMF products.

I think the Auteurs are all the “help” you’ll need 😉 (boy, we’re like professional enablers here huh?)

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:52 PM Post #59 of 454
That Atrium Closed LTD looks absolutely beautiful. But as a recent purchaser of the Bokeh, I'm not sure I can justify another lovely closed set, when I've been searching for an open set of headphones for a while.

(I would kill for the Caldera or Atrium Opens in that cocobolo wood.... I'm apparently a sucker for a dark reddish stain)
Can confirm, red Caldera just hits different.

20231210_134642.jpg

Mar 1, 2024 at 7:12 PM Post #60 of 454
I do not need or want another headphone, but I'd say there's at least a 30% chance I walk out of CanJam with one of those Canare Atriums or a Cocobolo AC. They are so beautiful I can't even.
Same, the natural Bokehs are looking really nice. I'm 100% going to purchase some ZMF gear (pads and the new OFC cable) and probably an HP too since they bring so many nice versions to CanJam. I resisted last year in 2023 but it was not easy when you can pick them up in hand and admire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back