ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship
Apr 25, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #1,201 of 2,544
The omni responds very well to balanced power. It just seems so much more lively and spacious. I have an LC coming as well hope it does the trick for a while. Looking hard at an mj2 because of my Lyr tube collection. Right now my main rig is SE and sounds better than my balanced geek out v2. But damn that little thing sounds amazing with the omni above any other HP.

Apr 25, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #1,202 of 2,544
The omni responds very well to balanced power. It just seems so much more lively and spacious. I have an LC coming as well hope it does the trick for a while. Looking hard at an mj2 because of my Lyr tube collection. Right now my main rig is SE and sounds better than my balanced geek out v2. But damn that little thing sounds amazing with the omni above any other HP.

That is exciting to hear! I have a Woo WA22 on the way.  I'll let everyone know how it compares to the other amps I've used with my ZMFs.

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #1,203 of 2,544

That is exciting to hear! I have a Woo WA22 on the way.  I'll let everyone know how it compares to the other amps I've used with my ZMFs.

Oh I'll be curious about that one.  It should have the juice since many Audeze owners have WA22s...

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #1,204 of 2,544

Oh I'll be curious about that one.  It should have the juice since many Audeze owners have WA22s...

It outputs 1500 mW at 50 ohms.  I'm expecting great things. 

I've owned Audeze LCD2Fs and they were easier to drive than my Blackwoods. I'm not sure what this means with the Omnis and WA22.  But on paper it should be excellent.

Apr 25, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #1,206 of 2,544
Yeah, it's much pickier than the vibro. Vibro seems to just plug along doin it's thing. Omni is hungrier and pays off with the up scaling. I'm still tweaking all around for it. Just gets better.

Apr 25, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #1,207 of 2,544
Omnis imo need power but suffer when an amp isnt open sounding, sluggish, slow, or the bass isn't fast and tight. Synergy is as important as power.

+1, for the Omni to sound good the amp has to match. Not just power (which it should have at least 1wpc at 50ohms). Essentially the amping has to match very well in ^ those regards or the Omni won't be as special as it is.

I think a great sounding amp on the cheap would be the Matrix M-Stage, plenty of power, open, and fast. Only issue might be the warmth could be too much.. Another great option would be the Project Ember 2 or budget minded Project Solsctice. Those for sure would make these sing

Apr 25, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #1,208 of 2,544
Omnis imo need power but suffer when an amp isnt open sounding, sluggish, slow, or the bass isn't fast and tight. Synergy is as important as power.

Agreed. I've run my Blackwoods with amps that are powerful but the synergy was not there. The pairing is really important.

We should start a list of amps that work well with the entire line of ZMFs.

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #1,211 of 2,544

+1, for the Omni to sound good the amp has to match. Not just power (which it should have at least 1wpc at 50ohms). Essentially the amping has to match very well in ^ those regards or the Omni won't be as special as it is.

I think a great sounding amp on the cheap would be the Matrix M-Stage, plenty of power, open, and fast. Only issue might be the warmth could be too much.. Another great option would be the Project Ember 2 or budget minded Project Solsctice. Those for sure would make these sing

You know, I never bothered trying the Omni with my Solstice while it was here.  I'll have to give that combo a shot the next time I get my hands on an Omni.

Apr 28, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #1,213 of 2,544
I received my WA22 today.  WOW!!!!!!!  I'm awe struck!  This is one incredible amp.  I was only able to listen to my ZMF Blackwoods for about 30 minutes because I had to ship them off to Zach today to get them upgraded to Cocobolo Omnis.  

I'm listening to the WA22 right now with Oppo PM-3s.  This is hands down THE BEST tube amp I've heard.  Granted I've not heard a lot of the upper end amps like the Balancing Act, Peak & Volcano, and Cavalli kit.  It has the distinctive Woo sound that I fell in love with when I got my WA7 Fireflies.  But the sound is more detailed, open, lush, and punchy.  The WA22 is more refined and authoritative.  All of this without any fatigue.  I really love tubes! It's by far the fastest tube amp I've heard.  No slowness here.

Apr 29, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #1,214 of 2,544
Omni is very nice on the LC and very close to that good with the geek out v2. Not quite as tight in the bass. LC has great bass control compared to anything else I have. The original Lyr w Cca tubes also excellent ,the pulse is a little hollow sounding and the h10 with burson v5s in full boat is a little too relaxed compared to the others I've mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back