ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Oct 21, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #5,161 of 6,376
The atriums just sounds so lush and immersive that I keep want to keep listening

Coming to Atrium from the Arya Stealth I feel the same. I really feel the Arya is an excellent set of headphones in their own right, but something about music coming from the Atrium just hits the right spots for me.

Oct 21, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #5,162 of 6,376
Coming to Atrium from the Arya Stealth I feel the same. I really feel the Arya is an excellent set of headphones in their own right, but something about music coming from the Atrium just hits the right spots for me.
I agree, I have them both and its great to switch between the 2 to appreciate their differences

Oct 21, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #5,163 of 6,376
IMG_3798.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #5,165 of 6,376
I own Aeolus and I'm wondering what the main difference is between them and Atrium?
I have just switched from aeolus to atrium. Aeouls are kind of fun headphones, atrium are much more mature and sophisticated. Aeolus are warmer with a bit recessed mids and huge bas which is loose. Atriums are also a very enjoyable headphones but with much more sophisticated technicalities. They are more accurate while still being very enjoyable.

I like relaxed sound , but i also look for accurate presentation as i listen mainly to instrumental music. This is why i prefer atrium. But i can imagine some may prefer aeolus due to its fun nature.

Oct 21, 2023 at 9:41 PM Post #5,166 of 6,376
I have just switched from aeolus to atrium. Aeouls are kind of fun headphones, atrium are much more mature and sophisticated. Aeolus are warmer with a bit recessed mids and huge bas which is loose. Atriums are also a very enjoyable headphones but with much more sophisticated technicalities. They are more accurate while still being very enjoyable.

I like relaxed sound , but i also look for accurate presentation as i listen mainly to instrumental music. This is why i prefer atrium. But i can imagine some may prefer aeolus due to its fun nature.
can agree, also recently made the switch as well

Oct 23, 2023 at 5:24 AM Post #5,167 of 6,376
Can anyone with the Caldera Ultra Perf pads confirm whether this looks right or wrong to you?

20231023_100914.jpg

I've positioned the stitching at the bottom per the instructions on the website.
20231023_100848.jpg

Looks like the stitching of one of them is wrong (probably the left one if I had to guess) but wanted to compare with others' pad, please.

Attachments

• 20231023_100914.jpg
    20231023_100914.jpg
    960.8 KB · Views: 0
Oct 23, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #5,168 of 6,376
Can anyone with the Caldera Ultra Perf pads confirm whether this looks right or wrong to you?

20231023_100914.jpg

I've positioned the stitching at the bottom per the instructions on the website.
20231023_100848.jpg

Looks like the stitching of one of them is wrong (probably the left one if I had to guess) but wanted to compare with others' pad, please.
I thought, the stitching pretty much needs to be in line with the cable connector.

Oct 23, 2023 at 5:44 AM Post #5,169 of 6,376
I thought, the stitching pretty much needs to be in line with the cable connector.
Thanks for your reply.

Here they are with the stitching by the cable connectors.
20231023_104003.jpg

Then right one looks way off now to me now. What do you all think? (Asking so that I don't bother ZMF unnecessarily)

EDIT: So you are positioning the thickest part of the pads behind your ears towards the bottom (as opposed to behind but in the middle like most angled pads)?

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #5,170 of 6,376
EDIT: So you are positioning the thickest part of the pads behind your ears towards the bottom (as opposed to behind but in the middle like most angled pads)?

Yea it looks like a rare off. Just ask Zach for a replacement. Unless your old ignoring the stitch animal and just reotate so:

Yea, fat sides behind ear

Oct 23, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #5,171 of 6,376
Thanks for your reply.

Here they are with the stitching by the cable connectors. 20231023_104003.jpg

Then right one looks way off now to me now. What do you all think? (Asking so that I don't bother ZMF unnecessarily)

The seams must point downwards towards the headphone connection.
You just have to turn them a little.
On the Ultra perfs, one of the pads has a red marking on it, which indicates that this pad belongs on the right side.

Oct 23, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #5,172 of 6,376
Yea it looks like a rare off. Just ask Zach for a replacement. Unless your old ignoring the stitch animal and just reotate so:

Yea, fat sides behind ear

The seams must point downwards towards the headphone connection.
You just have to turn them a little.
On the Ultra perfs, one of the pads has a red marking on it, which indicates that this pad belongs on the right side.
Thanks all - much appreciated

@Deleeh Yes, when I align the seams with the connectors the right one looks way off. When i align the seam straight down it looks a little better, but on the left ear the thickest part sits behind the ear towards the ear lobe whereas on the right ear the thickest part sits behind the ear towards the top of the ear

I've emailed Zach.

Thanks!

Oct 23, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #5,173 of 6,376

That’s a good point. @Knee Deep In Epoxy make sure the pad on the right has the red dot on the inside as there are L/R sides on these ones and if you put them in reverse they don’t line up properly

Oct 26, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #5,175 of 6,376
I decided to sell the Atrium. I love it but I just miss the vocals on the OG Auteur too much. And I feel like the Auteur is more balanced overall from top to bottom. Once that's sold, I'm hoping to repurchase an OG Auteur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back