ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Apr 26, 2024 at 3:21 AM Post #6,167 of 6,229
Has anyone shared any impressions of the new Ultra Perforated Suede Caldera pads with the Atrium?

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #6,168 of 6,229
Would also love to see some impressions of the new Ultra Perforated Suede Caldera pads and how they compare with the BE2 if possible. Really like the BE2 and curious as to how similar these may be?

Apr 26, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #6,169 of 6,229
IMG_7933.jpeg

First ZMF headphone and she is a beauty, pairs wonderfully with my other headphones.

Apr 26, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #6,174 of 6,229
Hi, I also have a D8000. Could you compare / contrast how the ZMF sounds vs. the D8000? Thank you.
Sure, I need to have a little more time to hear the atrium. I have some caldera pads coming in too as I can see how it sounds. I love the d8k and will never sell mine, I think they should complement one another, one being planar and another dynamic.

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #6,175 of 6,229
Sure, I need to have a little more time to hear the atrium. I have some caldera pads coming in too as I can see how it sounds. I love the d8k and will never sell mine, I think they should complement one another, one being planar and another dynamic.

What pads are you using right now? Just something I noticed on your picture, unless I'm going blind, it looks like the seams on the pads aren't facing the front (where the screw holding the cup is). All pads should be faced forward, while the Caldera pads should be faced to the XLR connectors. In case you oriented them wrong by mistake! Happy listening!

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:09 PM Post #6,176 of 6,229
What pads are you using right now? Just something I noticed on your picture, unless I'm going blind, it looks like the seams on the pads aren't facing the front (where the screw holding the cup is). All pads should be faced forward, while the Caldera pads should be faced to the XLR connectors. In case you oriented them wrong by mistake! Happy listening!
Also the Forza cables you are using. The side with the green mark is the right side channel 😊

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #6,177 of 6,229
Haha, thanks, I just got these out of the box and have not adjusted them because of work duties. I will orient them the right way, I am using the universal perforated pads. Looks like they are a great option.

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:25 PM Post #6,178 of 6,229
Haha, thanks, I just got these out of the box and have not adjusted them because of work duties. I will orient them the right way, I am using the universal perforated pads. Looks like they are a great option.

The Universe pads are fantastic for Atrium. I think they might have the best transient response to my ears, equal to the Caldera UP pads.

Apr 26, 2024 at 7:26 PM Post #6,180 of 6,229
Thanks, first forza cable, it was a little confusing at first because they don't list any left or right markings on the connectors.
More common than you'd think.
Fortunately lots of "headphone test" tracks out there or YT vids that play one channel at a time when in doubt.
I've even had a set of cables that were labeled incorrectly ... they fixed the cable free of charge, but had me questioning my sense of hearing for a moment :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back