ZMF Atrium Closed
May 14, 2024 at 7:36 AM Post #3,136 of 3,200
I've started getting interested in AC. Would be interesting to hear comments especially from TC and Utopia owners and when you pic AC over those. Also I guess Bliss at high-z should be a good pairing?
AC on high z for sure...low z dulls it out. Because I use the bliss with IEMs as well I have to switch to LO-z for those and sometimes I forget to change to High Z when I swap out to AC and I can tell right away. Curious to what HQ Player filter/modulators you use now? Ive read your review and kind of used it as a guide for DSD1024 which was pretty spot on!

May 14, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #3,137 of 3,200
AC on high z for sure...low z dulls it out. Because I use the bliss with IEMs as well I have to switch to LO-z for those and sometimes I forget to change to High Z when I swap out to AC and I can tell right away. Curious to what HQ Player filter/modulators you use now? Ive read your review and kind of used it as a guide for DSD1024 which was pretty spot on!
I actually have used PGGB lately to precalculate DSD1024 and then used HQP as a player :)

Maybe a weid comparison, but how would you compare AC and Monarch MKIII? I happen to have MKIII as well.

May 14, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #3,138 of 3,200
Had a great listening session today. My first in quite a long time.

I must admit that with this specific setup:

* Chord TT2 -> Feliks Euforia Evo with 5998 & original PsVane CV181 MK2 -> ZMF Atrium Closed with original pads

I achieved the long-awaited audio nirvana :wink:

I believe that quite detailed and neutral setup from both TT2 and Euforia with PsVanes synergized so well with Atrium Closed nature that I just couldn't stop listening. I even set up a random playback to try everything (well, maybe except from fast, trash metal, but I will give it a try later as well!). I was recently thinking of getting some TOTL transformer coupled tube amp, but to be honest... I realised don't want anything to change, haha :D maybe you just can't beat ZMF dynamics + great OTL amp

IMG_2433.jpeg

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #3,139 of 3,200

* Chord TT2 -> Feliks Euforia Evo with 5998 & original PsVane CV181 MK2 -> ZMF Atrium Closed with original pads

I believe that quite detailed and neutral setup from both TT2 and Euforia with PsVanes synergized so well with Atrium Closed nature that I just couldn't stop listening. I even set up a random playback to try everything (well, maybe except from fast, trash metal, but I will give it a try later as well!). I was recently thinking of getting some TOTL transformer coupled tube amp, but to be honest... I realised don't want anything to change, haha :D maybe you just can't beat ZMF dynamics + great OTL amp

1000%... ZMF dynamics + great OTL amps = EUPHORIA!! Great streamline set up...Kudos!!

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 9:48 PM Post #3,140 of 3,200

IMG_2433.jpeg

It's a wonderful amp and great synergy! Congrats :beerchug:

May 14, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #3,141 of 3,200
:D maybe you just can't beat ZMF dynamics + great OTL amp
Very, very true! It’s my favorite saying. :L3000:

(And I often throw in “R2R ladder DAC front-end” to taste…)

May 14, 2024 at 11:20 PM Post #3,142 of 3,200
I actually have used PGGB lately to precalculate DSD1024 and then used HQP as a player :)

Maybe a weid comparison, but how would you compare AC and Monarch MKIII? I happen to have MKIII as well.
its like an AC on the go....I'd like to think of it like an AC-Lite. They are different but very similar at the same time if that makes sense. Paired with Cayin RU7 its just right for me. RU7 can power the AC as well but the AC sounds sooo much better on tubes and then the Bliss. I'd be happy with just the Bliss for the AC.

May 15, 2024 at 12:38 AM Post #3,143 of 3,200
its like an AC on the go....I'd like to think of it like an AC-Lite. They are different but very similar at the same time if that makes sense. Paired with Cayin RU7 its just right for me. RU7 can power the AC as well but the AC sounds sooo much better on tubes and then the Bliss. I'd be happy with just the Bliss for the AC.
You will hear the same thing if you head over to the ZMF Bokeh thread.

AC-Lite, and fantastic when paired with the RU7.

The Bokeh is my traveling headphone paired with the HiBy RS6.

May 15, 2024 at 1:28 AM Post #3,144 of 3,200
You will hear the same thing if you head over to the ZMF Bokeh thread.
Haha, this is my worry as well :) But it's still nice to hear subjective impressions.

I do like MKIII a lot, but I don't like that I have to drive it quite hard for it to sound good. It tends to be too bass light when driven at casual levels. However when driven harder, that bass comes into light and it's amazing.

May 15, 2024 at 3:59 AM Post #3,145 of 3,200
Haha, this is my worry as well :) But it's still nice to hear subjective impressions.

I do like MKIII a lot, but I don't like that I have to drive it quite hard for it to sound good. It tends to be too bass light when driven at casual levels. However when driven harder, that bass comes into light and it's amazing.
I listen to the MK3 at -30 on the bliss lo-z...curious what you have them at? I run the AC at -15 on the bliss and w/ hqplayer that goes up to -6 because of the -3 limit and -6 PCM GAIN compensation

May 15, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #3,148 of 3,200
Super excited for today to go pick up my headphones. After 10 weeks of wait, ZMF Atrium closed Cocobolo finally arrived. Craftsmanship and the wood color is just spectacular!

1715774740624.png
Please don't post more pics, cocobolo is my favorite wood, and those are gorgeous! So no more pics!!!! (That's code for more pics asap...)

May 15, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #3,149 of 3,200
Super excited for today to go pick up my headphones. After 10 weeks of wait, ZMF Atrium closed Cocobolo finally arrived. Craftsmanship and the wood color is just spectacular!

1715774740624.png
WOW. As much as I love my Olive Wood ACs, those have me drooling. 🤤

I guess I’ll have to “go Cocobolo” (or something similar like Redwood Burl) for my Caldera Closed purchase when the time comes if the opportunity arises…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back