• No

Votes: 20 27.4%
  • Way above the price range!

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Could be

Votes: 30 41.1%

• Total voters
Aug 21, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #166 of 652
so...1 second after receiving the T1 I press on CALIBRATING option get confuse by it and now I cant press play and setting....and its a very frustrating start!

any idea how to change it back?
Reset your T1 and it should work. There's a reset button under the T1. Between the USB-C and SD card slot. Use sim ejector tool to reset it (like you're going to remove your SIM card from your phone)

Hopes this help.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #167 of 652
Aug 21, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #168 of 652
This is my T1 AK4493 review:

SOUND is GREAT.

All the rest SUCK!

Voilà! Everything is said ahah

No but im all about the sound and didnt even test with other OPamp....but its thick, warm, rich timbre, nice imaging, wide sounding, natural and musical, quite weighty too....very addictive...wich is contradictory with this type of primitive interface with touch screen caming from the movie ''Back to the futur 2''

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #169 of 652
Guys, about display calibration on T1, be careful with this option. Only use it when the screen is having errors. T1 users can only calibrate their screen once and battery MUST BE fully-charged. If not, the device will hang. Subsequent firmware releases will fix this problem. If no abnormalty, do not calibrate the screen unnecessarily. Or it will do something bad to your T1.

SOUND is GREAT.

All the rest SUCK!

No but im all about the sound and didnt even test with other OPamp....but its thick, warm, rich timbre, nice imaging, wide sounding, natural and musical, quite weighty too....very addictive...wich is contradictory with this type of primitive interface with touch screen caming from the movie ''Back to the futur 2''
Sounds great! Glad to hear your impressions! It'll help this thread a lot.

It's only AK4493EQ. How about AK4497EQ? Must be sound better :). You haven't mod anything, right? Can't wait for my T1 to arrived.

By the way, uhhh, you mind for me to make a review for T1 first?

Edit: Nah, jk :)

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #170 of 652

SOUND is GREAT.

All the rest SUCK!

did you test with 2.5 mm balanced cable or 3.5 ho?

Aug 22, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #172 of 652

SOUND is GREAT.

All the rest SUCK!

I agree with you.
Only sound and size are good. But with Zout equal to 1 ohm the sound with IEMs could be better.

EDIT:

I erase this comment until I corroborate the measurements with a real oscilloscope.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #176 of 652
I agree with you.
Only sound and size are good. But with Zout equal to 1 ohm the sound with IEMs could be better.

In the other hand, max volume is 100, but over 83 the amps clip. Very bad thing.

That’s why it needs a Volume Control Chip would be even better with more stability! That said I don’t get bad coloration nor distortion on my rig at all!
I know that @cqtek already tested the T1 through oscilloscope and there's distortion at volume 84 on 75Hz freq. I don't know how, but my trusted source tested the T1 (through PO), and there's no distortion even at full volume (same 75Hz freq.).
T1_Scope-1.jpg

I don't mean to rude or anything, but I think the needs a Volume Control Chip for more stability is not necessary, as it's tested and there's no such distortion at full (100) volume. Let's not judge about distortion. For me, this kind of measurements aren't really that important, for two reasons;
1. Like someone said on this thread, these measurements are "Chinese" to most of us. By mean, people like me prefer sound quality aprovement more than theoretical measurements.
2. Theoretical measurements are important for professional DIYers that like to mod their Zishan. But for casual listeners like me, I just skip it. If the T1 really distorts at volume 84, then I'm okay with it. Because I don't listen to music at volume 60 or above, since I have a quite sensitive ears (sensitive by mean I can't listen to music with loud volume at medium to long period of time).

Peace.
Anyway, my friend zpolt just released his great review for the T1. You can watch it here:

My T1 hasn't arrived yet, so you can check out his review for sure :)

God bless.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #177 of 652
I know that @cqtek already tested the T1 through oscilloscope and there's distortion at volume 84 on 75Hz freq. I don't know how, but my trusted source tested the T1 (through PO), and there's no distortion even at full volume (same 75Hz freq.).

I don't mean to rude or anything, but I think the needs a Volume Control Chip for more stability is not necessary, as it's tested and there's no such distortion at full (100) volume. Let's not judge about distortion. For me, this kind of measurements aren't really that important, for two reasons;
1. Like someone said on this thread, these measurements are "Chinese" to most of us. By mean, people like me prefer sound quality aprovement more than theoretical measurements.
2. Theoretical measurements are important for professional DIYers that like to mod their Zishan. But for casual listeners like me, I just skip it. If the T1 really distorts at volume 84, then I'm okay with it. Because I don't listen to music at volume 60 or above, since I have a quite sensitive ears (sensitive by mean I can't listen to music with loud volume at medium to long period of time).

Peace.
Anyway, my friend zpolt just released his great review for the T1. You can watch it here:

My T1 hasn't arrived yet, so you can check out his review for sure :)

God bless.

Ohhh.

I will check again with different equipment (Fluke) to test the output signal at full volume. But I can't do it until September.

Aug 23, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #178 of 652
About the software volume control inside the dac, I don't think it's a big problem at all.
I listen to 16 or 24 bits files and the dac is 32 bits, so there are extra free bits to lower the volume without losing that much precision.

There are always compromises in real life as oposed to the theory perfection.
In portable players there's size and price to consider.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #179 of 652
Price is not an accurate reflection of the sound. Believe me, if you buy a 3000$ A&K it's not the sound components you're paying for. Anyone who buys such a thing will claim it has superior sound, but that's simply not true. They need to justify the purchase. It has superior look, feel, and software tho. But a dac is a dac. It converts digital to analog, and the soundstage is engraved in the recording not in fantasy supposed "presentation". The whole "emotional" "engaging" lingo is pure garbage imo.

Aug 23, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #180 of 652
I known that, what I said (in the context of the dac volume control example), is you can have better sound with other circuit designs, with better components, but with this size and price limitations, compromises have to be made.
This price range and size limits what can be done.
Regarding all the marketing that all brands do, I also agree , but as you, I believe in what I listen and to me ak4497 sounds better than the previous lower models.

I also think that better dac specs (detail, channel separation, etc) can increase my perception of the recorded sound stage, therefore I can listen to a better sound stage.

Note: I don't have and never listened to T1.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back