ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread
Sep 9, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #1,486 of 1,497
Can anyone recommend either the shockwave III or the qt5 for an audiophile bass head? I want an upgrade from a headphone I can't name. Soundstage, bass quality, and thick note presence are all important to me (and a painless treble response is always nice:wink:)

SW3. The QT5 hype is dead. Besides the SW3 is fun, bombastic sounding with a huge sub-bass presence. Though you might have problems with the treble.

Sep 9, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #1,487 of 1,497
My SWIII have 300 hours on them. NO issues whatsoever with treble 
A 350 burn in time is reccomended . . . for a reason !!
Your quest for "Soundstage, bass quality, and thick note presence are all important to me (and a painless treble response is always nice"
summerises the SW III's for me very well
I would be very surprised if these iem's did not suite yo. Be warned though, you do need a long burn in :)

Sep 9, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #1,488 of 1,497
Your quest for "Soundstage, bass quality, and thick note presence are all important to me (and a painless treble response is always nice"
I would be very surprised if these iem's did not suite yo. Be warned though, you do need a long burn in :)

Thank you! Long burn ins are no problem. Ie8 fan here :) Does anyone know if they top the unmentionable IEM? I think ill order in a few days...

Sep 9, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #1,489 of 1,497
Thank you! Long burn ins are no problem. Ie8 fan here :) Does anyone know if they top the unmentionable IEM? I think ill order in a few days...

They do. Different beasts though

Sep 11, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #1,491 of 1,497
Had a chance to audition this morning. Worst sound from a hybrid IEM ever. Man, whoever endorsed this IEM should ever never be allowed to write reviews again! Sounds worse than my $7 Panasonic Ergo fit

Sep 24, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #1,492 of 1,497

cool.gif
+1 Agreed. All though I haven't heard ALL the offerings, for me, at their price point, they still Reign supreme. (3 - $400.00)  You CAN spend a LOT more, but your returns in SQ are not going to justify the $$$$ spent eventually.

JMHO

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Aug 10, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #1,494 of 1,497
I highly doubt anybody trusts that company anymore. They would need to give out quite a bit of free samples for review AND they would have to be stellar IEMs.

Apr 13, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #1,496 of 1,497
with regards to revonext qt 5.. its soundstage is like the ZSN, slightly more forward, but bigger than ZSN , more forward than qt2 and c10..and transparency in the mids is better ( more details) than qt2 and c10.. in terms of other characteristics the layering is quite good and the separation are good. ..qt5 has aural background surround effect but is separated from the rest of the mids.. the only let down is treble , they seem to lack a bit of details and sound tin can like or steely but one would not notice it while listening...

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #1,497 of 1,497
with regards to revonext qt 5.. its soundstage is like the ZSN, slightly more forward, but bigger than ZSN , more forward than qt2 and c10..and transparency in the mids is better ( more details) than qt2 and c10.. in terms of other characteristics the layering is quite good and the separation are good. ..qt5 has aural background surround effect but is separated from the rest of the mids.. the only let down is treble , they seem to lack a bit of details and sound tin can like or steely but one would not notice it while listening...
Yeah...umm...this is a completely different IEM bro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back