Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Aug 21, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #901 of 6,090
Quote:
As far as Tenso goes, my only concern is their (fairly new, it seems) policy of asking for some form of identification - I've never seen anything like that for an online business and find it a little odd.

Thanks for all the help so far everyone!

Yeah that is now necessary, and will probably become a regular thing with a lot of online stores in the future.

Dont worry about it, just follow the instruction and you'll be fine.

Aug 21, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #902 of 6,090
Quote:

Yeah that is now necessary, and will probably become a regular thing with a lot of online stores in the future.

Dont worry about it, just follow the instruction and you'll be fine.

That's good to hear. Not that it'll get more common, but that it's safe. :D

A last question - how often do people get charged for customs with EMS? I'm assuming it's pretty likely to happen.

Aug 21, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #903 of 6,090
Quote:
That's good to hear. Not that it'll get more common, but that it's safe. :D

A last question - how often do people get charged for customs with EMS? I'm assuming it's pretty likely to happen.

Well it happened to me first time this year, and I've been ordering from Japan using EMS for about 10 years now.

So I think you're pretty safe, its just luck mostly.

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #904 of 6,090
My Tenores are now about 200 hrs of burn in seasoned.  They are just fantastic for music with melodies, rhythms and sonic textures, acoustic
blues electric or acoustic, and light rock shine.  The Bassos are better for ddm, Shpongle chill type music and anything that benefits from 
an artiificial bass floor but you dont care its artificial. Tenores are definately a keeper, and sweet iem indeed for either critical listening or blues heaven.
At the price they are going for, they are a marvel........ccongratulations to zero audio...well done!

Aug 22, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #905 of 6,090
Quote:
Do you mean these tips? http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEElectronics-Eartips-for-Sports-Fi-S6-M6-M6P-A161P-A151-earphones-Clear-/140821138554?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Well, Tenores will be my choice, then! I've had my eye on some other IEMs out there too, but since I'm a bit tired of being indecisive, I'll just pick this. :D

As far as Tenso goes, my only concern is their (fairly new, it seems) policy of asking for some form of identification - I've never seen anything like that for an online business and find it a little odd.

Thanks for all the help so far everyone!

Yes, those are the ones.

Aug 27, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #906 of 6,090
Quote:
My Tenores are now about 200 hrs of burn in seasoned.  They are just fantastic for music with melodies, rhythms and sonic textures, acoustic
blues electric or acoustic, and light rock shine.  The Bassos are better for ddm, Shpongle chill type music and anything that benefits from 
an artiificial bass floor but you dont care its artificial. Tenores are definately a keeper, and sweet iem indeed for either critical listening or blues heaven.
At the price they are going for, they are a marvel........ccongratulations to zero audio...well done!

Spot on!

Also would like to add that the Tenores shine with EDM as well.

Unless you prefer more bass, then you should go for Bassos.

Aug 27, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #907 of 6,090
Sadly to report...my basso has the dreaded driver flex issue where right phone is much lower in volume. No matter what I do it dont go back to normal.
The hybrid tips to minimize the problem but its still noticeable. :frowning2:
I bought from ebay and messaged the seller, will see what he says.

Aug 28, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #908 of 6,090
Wow, I didn't know that driver flex affected volume.  I thought it was just a minor annoyance when putting them in ear.

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #910 of 6,090
Do any of you have the MEElectronics A161P and the Basso or Tenore?  I want to know if my comparisons are accurate or if I just can't get a good seal with the A161P.  I tried all of the included tips (single, bi-flange, triple flange).

The A161P has fast bass, but low quantity and not deep, so that makes the sound thin.  The mids and trebles are more detailed and clearer than the Tenore but are more prone to sibilance.

Overall, I prefer the Tenore.  You guys who have the basso should really try the Tenore with the MEElectronics M6 double flange tips.  I like them more than the Basso for everything except for the times when I want more bass.

EDIT:  I just tried the EQ on the computer and when I do want more bass, I give a very slight increase to the 31hz and/or 62hz and the Tenore is perfect!

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #911 of 6,090
Do any of you have the MEElectronics A161P and the Basso or Tenore?  I want to know if my comparisons are accurate or if I just can't get a good seal with the A161P.  I tried all of the included tips (single, bi-flange, triple flange).

The A161P has fast bass, but low quantity and not deep, so that makes the sound thin.  The mids and trebles are more detailed and clearer than the Tenore but are more prone to sibilance.

Overall, I prefer the Tenore.  You guys who have the basso should really try the Tenore with the MEElectronics M6 double flange tips.  I like them more than the Basso for everything except for the times when I want more bass.

EDIT:  I just tried the EQ on the computer and when I do want more bass, I give a very slight increase to the 31hz and/or 62hz and the Tenore is perfect!

Im in the same boat. I got the meelec double flange a16 tips and the fit is terrible on me with my bassos. It basically dangles from my ears. It wont seal at all. 10 bucks down the drain. I guess they made these tips for people with ultra small ear canals.

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #912 of 6,090
Did you mean A161p tips?  The double flange fit me perfectly on the Tenore.

Aug 31, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #914 of 6,090
No one here has both Basso and Meelec EDMs.
At the moment Meelec has offer 25% off and $2.85 off international shipping on all items so the EDMs are around £28 inc shipping.
Am tempted seeing as 1 of my basso phones has developed lower volume then other.

Aug 31, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #915 of 6,090
Quote:
Sadly to report...my basso has the dreaded driver flex issue where right phone is much lower in volume. No matter what I do it dont go back to normal.
The hybrid tips to minimize the problem but its still noticeable. :frowning2:
I bought from ebay and messaged the seller, will see what he says.

If you take a look a couple pages behind, I had exactly the same issue but it was the left phone for me. I couldn't even burn them in. If you find any solution please inform me since I gave up the search.
It can't be a driver flex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back