Yulong A8 and D8 pre-order invitation - order by Oct 31st only
Sep 3, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #31 of 39
I wonder if the A8 will be a true balance design, I recall the A18 having xlr INs and OUTs though it was not of a balanced amp configuration. Balanced or not, it doesnt really matter in terms of which is better between the two, Ive heard SE amps sounding much better than a BAL amp as well as the reversal, I was just curious if Yulong will address it given there was a slight confusion with the A18.

Oh how happy I would be to see a fully balanced amp from Yulong hooked up to a DA8!

Hello bud,
It's literally 2 x tweaked a18's so i would expect it to be dual mono & its definately a fully balanced design. Should be pretty special....

Sep 3, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #32 of 39
I wonder if the A8 will be a true balance design, I recall the A18 having xlr INs and OUTs though it was not of a balanced amp configuration. Balanced or not, it doesnt really matter in terms of which is better between the two, Ive heard SE amps sounding much better than a BAL amp as well as the reversal, I was just curious if Yulong will address it given there was a slight confusion with the A18.

Oh how happy I would be to see a fully balanced amp from Yulong hooked up to a DA8!

Hello bud,
It's literally 2 x tweaked a18's so i would expect it to be dual mono & its definately a fully balanced design. Should be pretty special....

Wow.. So this amp is only for limited number, :frowning2: wish I had the smack, to smack.

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #33 of 39
Some updated/current pictures of the D8 internals.  It looks like there is some interesting stuff going on inside there.  

According to erj website the A8 is finished and will be priced around 2700.00 to 3000,00 USD.  The D8 is still being debugged but Yulong is working hard at getting it out sooner than later.  Neither is shipping until they are both ready.  No word (that i could find on the site) on the price for the D8. I have heard will come in at less that the A8.  I suspect then that a fair guess would put the D8 at 2000.00 to 2200.00 USD????  Wow, getting expensive!!! 

It looks like I will be coming up with a fair amount of cash to add to my deposit to get these lol.

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #34 of 39
Hmmm, as excited as I have been for all this time to get my a8 & d8, thats way above what they estimated the price to be. They said around twice the a18 & d 18 which would mean $1800 & $1400 respectively. I understand they're 'estimates' and expected some increase with the long delay but it would suck to be charged up to $1500 - maybe even $2000 more than expected if buying both units. Especially for those who have "invested" by paying the large non refundable deposit over a year ago off memory. Arghhh, just venting. Looks like I gotta sell some stuff!

Jan 28, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #35 of 39
I was surprised as well to find this out.  Regardless, I have gone this far and so.....whatever.  

I have garnered this info from the website and could be wrong here (though I dont think I am wrong).  I have no inside scoop.

" A8 debugging almost, after careful consideration, decided to set the price to 16,800, the deposit has been paid a friend to contact."

Above quote is from Yulong from this page on the A8:

http://erji.net/read.php?tid=1296829&fpage=0&toread=&page=3

16800 Yuan is 2776.00 USD.

I cant remember on what page I read that the D8 is supposed to come in at less than the A8 but I am 80% confident that this is correct.

So 2800.00 plus say 2200.00 is 5000.00. leaves 3500.00 balance due approx.  At least that is what I will prepare for.

Here is to hoping that I am wrong (as in too high, not too low lol)

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #36 of 39
The D8 with D200 (yet to be released as well) on top.  This gives some good perspective on the size of the D8..    It appears as though Yulong is doing some evaluations at home.  Below on his rack is a Prism AD/DA converter that he purchased (over 11000.00 USD) to help evaluate the D8.

The suspected price is killing me, but now that I have had time to accept things I must admit I am getting excited to recieve these.

Apr 23, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #39 of 39
After many many months of waiting and Yulong designer's tweaking, the Special Edition Yulong D8 and A8 are finally ready for shipping from factory now. 

Final Pricing: 

D8 - Final price is USD$2200 with optional High Precision Clock for extra $350 = total $2200 (no clock) or $2550 (with clock). Price is in USD funds. 

Each buyer who pre-ordered D8 to confirm to us that if you would like to have your unit to install the High Precision Clock. We suggest buyer to order this option given the D8 is a special edition product - with fully loaded it will maintain future value better, plus meet possible digital technology advancement in high res music. The final decision will be yours. The clock can only be installed at factory - it cannot be added by user later on and parts cannot be ordered from factory. There are only total 30 of these special clock available so once sold out, it won't be available again. 

A8 - Final price is US$2800

As always, Grant Fidelity will offer free air shipping for each order. 

Product Information

You can see all pictures and specifications at Yulong Audio's official website:

http://yulongaudio.com/en/product_detail.asp?pid=38

http://yulongaudio.com/en/product_detail.asp?pid=39

Purchase: 

We have sent final invoice to all pre-order customers.

As both models are of extremely limited quantity, we have reserved for 2 extra D8 (with the precision clock) and 2 extra A8 for those who would like to order at last minute. Please contact Grant Fidelity through our website if you would like to add in your order. We only have very limited window of time to take delivery of these two extra's otherwise Yulong will release them to first paid buyer. 

Thank you for all the pre-order customers for your support to Yulong Audio. 

Best, 
Rachel @ Grant Fidelity 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back