Yulong A28
May 20, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #151 of 252
  You just need to use a balanced headphone connection to get the higher outputs. A more typical 1/4" headphone connection will get you the lower rates. 

It doesn't require XLR connection from the DAC though - if you use the RCA inputs, the amp will convert from single ended to balanced signal internally, and then proceed as if it was getting a native balanced signal via XLR. You lose a little bit of purity in the process but you don't lose power. 

Thank you very much.

Jun 2, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #152 of 252
New fazored LCD-3 has got 110 ohms impedance and i think my Mini I Pro won't drive it to full power .
I'm looking for external amp and feels like A28 is great AMP in this price range .
In near feature i want to change Mini I Pro for something better in 1200 - 1500 $ price range . What about Matrix X-Sabre or Yulong DA8 ?
All my music 44100 quality and i guess i won't listen DSD :wink:
I'm newbie and fully rely to your thoughts .
P.S.
And i guess my english isn't good :p

Jun 3, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #153 of 252
Or you can get the DA8 first,it has a very good built in amp that can hold you over till you decide to get an external amp.

Jun 3, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #155 of 252
How about D200 plus A28 as a balanced rig? Cost is similar to the DA8, but unless you add an external amp to the DA8, I think the combo wins for most things (transparency, drive, etc).

I have a Fazor LCD-3 coming so I will see how it does on the A28.

Thanks . 
I will read about D200 . 
Any  promt things i need to know about D200 compared to DA8 ?
For upcoming LCD-3 i think i will connect Matrix Mini I Pro to A28 throughout XLR and then will buy a better DAC 
L3000.gif

Jun 3, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #156 of 252
How about D200 plus A28 as a balanced rig? Cost is similar to the DA8, but unless you add an external amp to the DA8, I think the combo wins for most things (transparency, drive, etc).

Would you say the dac section of the D200 compares favourably to the DA8's- or more a case of the A28's headamp pulling ahead of the DA8's?  
smile.gif

Jun 30, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #157 of 252
Is it better comparing to Matrix Quattro amp?

My head phones are HD650. Waiting for balanced silver cable to improve clarity with Quattro.

Jul 5, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #158 of 252
For anyone looking for an almost new A28(black) for a very fair price I am going to shamelessly plug the one I have in the for sale section....

http://www.head-fi.org/t/725502/yulong-sabre-a28-amp

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #159 of 252
  Spent a bit of time with the A28 yesterday, fed by a BMC PureDAC since my DA8 is in the other room (too lazy to move it at the time). A few highlights:

Hi, how do you like the PureDac?  I am trying out the Oppo HA-1 and want to know if the PureDac is smoother per se than the HA-1.  HA-1 can be too revealing with the HD800.
Thanks

Aug 8, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #161 of 252
If anyone is interested, I'm selling my A28 in the FS section. $499. Basically brand new.

Aug 8, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #162 of 252
^Im guessing it wasnt liked. Not too many ppl raving about it here. Offsite reviews are the opposite though with only one negative review and several very positive ones. But i have learned not to go by that. I will have it with the he560 and am hoping it does well. I wont have the DA8 though.

Aug 8, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #163 of 252
^Im guessing it wasnt liked. Not too many ppl raving about it here. Offsite reviews are the opposite though with only one negative review and several very positive ones. But i have learned not to go by that. I will have it with the he560 and am hoping it does well. I wont have the DA8 though.

I've been using A28 for quite a while now, I would say it's worth the value for the balanced headphone output. It matches my Hifiman HE5-LE really well. I really enjoy it with HE5-LE in balanced.  Even compared with my HPA V200, the HE5-LE sounds better when paired with A28 in balanced.
A28 is not very resolving, but quite musical with treble rich headphones.

Aug 8, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #164 of 252

Oh! Not the case at all! I love the thing to death, it's been my main setup with the HE-500 for the last three months, and using it with a fully balanced setup really makes it shine. It's well worth the money, I'm just moving out and I have to get rid of all my gear. Need the funds. 
frown.gif

Aug 8, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #165 of 252

I've been hopping between the A28, A18, and Mjolnir for a higher end amp, but I unfortunately have to agree I don't see a lot of positives about the A28 or A18 overall. Also seems people have the A18 and A28 for only a few weeks and then start reselling them. 

You've got one on order? 
popcorn.gif

You're one of those names I stop at while scrolling through the forums. I think you've got good ears and candid comments. I'll be eagerly awaiting your thoughts. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back