Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #451 of 779
The cables are certainly better than iBuds. Don't seem to be particularly prone to tangling either. Woot.

I finally have something negative to say about PK3. Thank goodness. Not the most comfortable things in the world for long time listening. There. Hah. Take that, Yuin. Now, back to Denon D2000.

Edit: ARRGH. OK, i have a serious case of novelty-induced insanity. I put my D2000 on, and immediately wanted PK3 back. I know it's partly because the PK3 is more forgiving for this crappy John Mayer recording. But still... This has got to stop. I will be better tomorrow.

Apr 4, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #452 of 779
The cables are kinda rubbery, but they sure are durable.

Apr 4, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #453 of 779
Mine developed a short at the plug. Tried to solder a new one from rat shack with no luck, no skill to solder the mega thin wire, especially with my eyes. Any how-to thread on cable repair?

Apr 4, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #454 of 779
pk3s exist as proof that you should never judge a book buy its cover...or price
smily_headphones1.gif

Yuin, don't you ever change!

Apr 4, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #455 of 779
Can't wait to get mine.

What is the big problem people have with the looks? I've only seen pictures online, but they look very ordinary and okay to me.
confused.gif

Apr 4, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #457 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't wait to get mine.

What is the big problem people have with the looks? I've only seen pictures online, but they look very ordinary and okay to me.
confused.gif

There's no problem.. people are just surprised that such an ordinary looking bud could produce such amazing SQ.

It's sad when people turn these away because they're "generic looking earbuds from China".. they sure are missing out
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #458 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's no problem.. people are just surprised that such an ordinary looking bud could produce such amazing SQ.

It's sad when people turn these away because they're "generic looking earbuds from China".. they sure are missing out
smily_headphones1.gif

oh okay - I thought maybe there was something really weird about them I wasn't seeing from the pictures.
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 5, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #459 of 779
I actually saw a girl who bought the iBuds with remote for $39. It really blows my mind why people are buying such crap. For the same price you could get PK3s (I got mine for cheaper). I let her listen to my PK3s. At first she was listening to a piano play on some low quality youtube video and then she said she couldnt hear the difference between ibuds and pk3s. Then I let her listen to some regular tracks and she finally agreed that the bass is much better (its there while it isnt with the ibuds). I offered them to her for free but she didnt want.

But now she keeps asking me if she could listen to my PK3s. Headphones are like crack. Once you heard a decent headphone you'll keeping coming back for more.

Apr 5, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #460 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by montell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually saw a girl who bought the iBuds with remote for $39. It really blows my mind why people are buying such crap. For the same price you could get PK3s (I got mine for cheaper). I let her listen to my PK3s. At first she was listening to a piano play on some low quality youtube video and then she said she couldnt hear the difference between ibuds and pk3s. Then I let her listen to some regular tracks and she finally agreed that the bass is much better (its there while it isnt with the ibuds). I offered them to her for free but she didnt want.

But now she keeps asking me if she could listen to my PK3s. Headphones are like crack. Once you heard a decent headphone you'll keeping coming back for more.

Makes me want my PK3s back again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back