yeah well...she was asking me where you can buy new ipod earbuds
so...
wink.gif

pshaw!

May 8, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #17 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pshaw!

x2.... ibuds are not as terrible as many of us think, i tried my sister's pair and it's decent sound specially for pop music. (its not emphazing vocal or insrumental quality). but judging the pks because of its look is just plain good ole' consumerism.

anyway i'm kinda interested on coping them, the only thing holding me back is the j cord construction. how is it???? i would like to use a y cord since i'm planning to upgrade pk2s soon for my other portable rig.(planning to build at least two)

May 8, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #18 of 779
Quote:

well...i wouldn't say best because i think the ksc75's beat these out in terms of SQ IMO, but their size is even better than the ksc75's.

x2

def the ksc75 beats them in almost all areas of SQ but come on. The drivers of the ksc is like 10 times bigger then the PK-3

May 8, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #19 of 779
yea so, what do you think about these guys? I think they have decent soundstage, decent bass but very little sub bass, nice highs. Theyre kinda grado-ish but not as much as the kscs

May 8, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #20 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea so, what do you think about these guys? I think they have decent soundstage, decent bass but very little sub bass, nice highs. Theyre kinda grado-ish but not as much as the kscs

i don't really know what to say, but that i really like them
wink.gif
. i wish it had more bass slam, but that is impossible with ear-buds. i heard they have more bass than the pk2's though, so that turns me away from the pk2's which are a lot more expensive.

May 8, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #21 of 779
Quote:

i don't really know what to say, but that i really like them
wink.gif
. i wish it had more bass slam, but that is impossible with ear-buds. i heard they have more bass than the pk2's though, so that turns me away from the pk2's which are a lot more expensive.

theres less bass but its much much better bass. I tried the PK-2s for a while and yes theyre a definite improvement over the PK-3 and the PK-1 even more.

May 8, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #23 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
soup

how do they compare with the mylars???? is the jcord really troublesome???
damn we might end up having the same headphone collection(ms1,580,ksc75 as of now)

thats a great headphone collection. You just need a decent AKG now!

May 8, 2007 at 5:25 AM Post #24 of 779
i don't want an AKG
smily_headphones1.gif
. i don't really want a cold analytical headphone (assuming you are talking about the k701/601/501's.) i'm really looking for some fun sounding headphones. i'm not really into analytical headphones. i'm really looking into getting some beyer dt990 '05's. i think they might just have a different sound from the rest of my collection. i'm really tempted to try out the pk1 and pk2's, but they are too expensive!

the j-chord is a little short i must admit, but they sound so good!

May 8, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #28 of 779
Quote:

i don't want an AKG
smily_headphones1.gif
. i don't really want a cold analytical headphone (assuming you are talking about the k701/601/501's.) i'm really looking for some fun sounding headphones. i'm not really into analytical headphones. i'm really looking into getting some beyer dt990 '05's. i think they might just have a different sound from the rest of my collection. i'm really tempted to try out the pk1 and pk2's, but they are too expensive!

the j-chord is a little short i must admit, but they sound so good!

the k501, (I only tried the 501 and the 701) is great for music that needs a HUGE soundstage. Its not that analytical but I guess it all depends on what you listen to. Theyre great for classical symphonies and trance but not so good with rock. I guess the best thing is to try it out!

May 8, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #29 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the k501, (I only tried the 501 and the 701) is great for music that needs a HUGE soundstage. Its not that analytical but I guess it all depends on what you listen to. Theyre great for classical symphonies and trance but not so good with rock. I guess the best thing is to try it out!

i listen primarily to rock. that's why i'm not into it. of course i'll give it a try though
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back