Yuin PK1s impressions...Impressed
May 17, 2009 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

abellaw

100+ Head-Fier
I had to say that given the abundance of earbuds i was very reluctant to shell out the best part of 200 hundred dollars on some Yuins. But this week some PK1s were on the FS Forum and i decided i could spend a $100ish just to find out whether hype was true or not.

So when i first opened the package i was a little disappointed they looked like regular earbuds. However when i plugged them into my gfs ipod all comparison to other earbuds i have heard stopped. The music was big and not in the loud sense but in the sense of being full and rich. The bass was prominent but lacked the impact of some of the other head phones i have. The highs and mids were clear and no sibilance which is something i am pretty sensitive too. So i was relieved and i feel they are worth the money i paid for them.

In an attempt to stall watching wall e with my gf for a little while i plugged the Yuin's into my home rig, and let some coheed and cambria rip. Needless to say i was very impressed, this when i realised what people meant about these headphones needing an amp. I had to crank it up to 11 O'clock to get listenable volume. Everything i described above was refined and though i don't like them as much as my 780's they allow me to appreciate other things in my music that the bass in the 780's overshadows.

The previous owner said they had less than 50 hours do i have a lot to look forward as they burn in more??

May 17, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #2 of 8
I am glad you like PK1. I also liked PK1 very much. Too bad I lost mine.
frown.gif
Yes they should improve even more after 50 hours. My pair sounded even fuller and more powerful in the bass with more burn in.

May 17, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #3 of 8
Thats good to hear and sorry about your lose, i am looking forward to hearing how they change. Just out of curiosity did you use yours with an amp or no?

May 17, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by abellaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats good to hear and sorry about your lose, i am looking forward to hearing how they change. Just out of curiosity did you use yours with an amp or no?

Yes, I used mine with my MiniBox E+ amp. They paired very well together. The amp tightened the PK1s bass nicely and improved detail and imaging. But, to my ears, PK1 sounded just fine unamped too out of a reasonably powerful portable or soundcard.

May 18, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #5 of 8
Thanks as i plan to use them straight out my zune

May 18, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #7 of 8
Very nice earbud, I loved mine, too bad I need isolation and hate amps.

May 18, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #8 of 8
I'm going to play devils advocate...I wasn't impressed with my PK1s. I do however LOVE my PK3's. Whaddaya gonna do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back