Yuin PK1?
Aug 9, 2007 at 4:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

dap_pad

500+ Head-Fier
I currently have a pair of Alessandro MS1 and they're great. I think I'm a Grado-ish person. Would I like the Yuin PK1?

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask this in this thread, but would my PA2V2 be a good enough amp for them? If not, would the Go-Vibe 5/6 or a CMOY be good enough?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm really confused about amping the Yuins!

THANKS ALOT!!!

Aug 9, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #2 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I currently have a pair of Alessandro MS1 and they're great. I think I'm a Grado-ish person. Would I like the Yuin PK1?

Would my PA2V2 be a good enough amp for them? If not, would the Go-Vibe 5/6 or a CMOY be good enough?

I own both Grado (SR-80) and PK1, and they aren't really that similar, but I like both. The PK1s require an amp, and I also have both a CMOY and a PA2v2, and for their price, they deliver a great PK1 listening experience. Sure, I'd like to have a more high-end amp. Maybe some day. Anyway, the PK1s do benefit from the PA2v2, if for nothing else than you need them to boost the volume out of a DAP.

Aug 9, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the reply!!!

But would the PK1s sound better out of a CMOY or Go-Vibe? Or is the difference from the PA2V2 be negligible?

Don't know that. Since I don't have a Go-Vibe. They sounds pretty darn good to me out of either amp, but can't speak for the Go-Vibe. Sure a higher end amp (Xin or Meier) would even raise their SQ. But I am content for now. I only use the PK1s in limited circumstances, since I have several other phones to use as well.

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #5 of 21
i m not sure whether pk1 will work well with go-vibe6, but the amps is prety cheap with $60, u can actually get it for test..i would think the resale value will be nice as well...

but i do heard my friend said pk1 amped by ppav2 sound bad..

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #6 of 21
These definitely need an amp to get the best sound out of them. I have to crank the Tomahawk from a normal 10:00 position to a 3:00 to get the same volume (on the IEM setting). Not sure about the power in the amps you are looking at. I love the Grado sound also and while these may not be the same thing, they are great in their own right. I think you could come from almost any headphone to these and still appreciate them for what they are.

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #7 of 21
Sawaddee krub (Hello in Thailand)

Yuin Pk1 also very popular in Thailand.
Thai people find it work very well with ibasso T2 amp.

you should try it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 10, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #10 of 21
Thanks for all the replies!

LOL if only Grado made an earbud... so I guess the PA2V2 probably isn't the greatest amp for the PK1s?

Has anyone heard anything about the XTRA X1 paired with the PK1?

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #12 of 21
So far I have no idea, but looking to find out LOL still really confused about amping the PK1s with a budget amp...

I was reading that Kramer said something about CMOYs and all this mumbo-jumbo about opamps and resistors or something LOL HELP!!!!!

oh... and since this is starting to go into amping, is it still okay that it's in the headphone thread? SORRY IF I'M BREAKING ANY RULES!!!

Aug 10, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by tamahome77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
THe PK2 sounds more gradoish than the PK1. Pk1's doesn't have the upfront mids like the PK2's but it does have bigger bass and soundstage.

x2
Agree with you exactly!!

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back