Yuin PK-1 Recable
Nov 7, 2011 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

aluren

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi, I haven't been on this forum for awhile, as I was satisfied with my simple iPhone Yuin PK-1 setup. I do want to recable the PK-1 to include the iPhone control buttons (Volume up/down, pause) and was wondering if there's any online vendors that can do it. If anyone knows please post. Thanks!

Nov 7, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 15
I wonder if there is an in-line doohickey you can just buy for this purpose.  I don't think anyone ever could or would be willing to directly modify the cable.  

Nov 7, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #4 of 15
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just pass on the touch controls. But why do you say that no one will do the recalling? Is there something about the pk1?

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #6 of 15
You can't exactly (to my knowledge) get a DIY version of the remote control unit parts and it would not be worth it for anyone to somehow slice and dice the tiny cable of the Yuin, it would like be attempting surgery on an ant.  

Nov 8, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #7 of 15

Cool, let me know if you can recable mine as well!

Quote:
ill try on my pk3 and see how it goes :p

You're probably right, as I haven't seen anyone be able to do it. Would be nice though.

Quote:
You can't exactly (to my knowledge) get a DIY version of the remote control unit parts and it would not be worth it for anyone to somehow slice and dice the tiny cable of the Yuin, it would like be attempting surgery on an ant.  

Nov 8, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #8 of 15
guess the easiest way to do this is to use the stock iphone buds. 
cut the ends and install yuin earbuds on the ends.

i was trying to open the yuins but it seems that they are glued pretty hard. 
ill need a smaller allen wrench in doing so. and a glue to close the earbuds when it is finished.

Nov 8, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #9 of 15
Yeah it does look like it's pretty tough to open it and a wrench make mess up the plastic.

Nov 9, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #12 of 15
Taking a pair of earbuds apart has roughly the potential for success as whittling a model of the Statue of Liberty out of chocolate while inside a sauna.  

Nov 9, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #14 of 15
Not saying it can't be done, just that nobody in their right mind would do it commercially, and the chance of fail is high

Users who are viewing this thread

Back