Yuin OK2 review and comparisons to PK2, CM700, PK1 and OK1
Aug 15, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #16 of 28
Bump ?

Anyone try this combo ? (I'm particularily concerned about hissing issues)

Should I go for it / take the PK1 / neither, first buy me a good source
wink.gif
?

Thanks
darthsmile.gif

Sep 5, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #17 of 28
I asked this in another thread, but has anyone added resistance to the OK2 to make it level with the OK1 at 150 ohms to see if that is the only difference between the two? Does anyone know for sure that the drivers are different? If not, it may be possible to add resistance to the OK2 when amping it to get all the benefits of the OK1. Any thoughts? -CK

Sep 6, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #18 of 28
The 150 ohms resistance is inside the driver. Adding resistance to the cable will not make ok2 become ok1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhirnigs113 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I asked this in another thread, but has anyone added resistance to the OK2 to make it level with the OK1 at 150 ohms to see if that is the only difference between the two? Does anyone know for sure that the drivers are different? If not, it may be possible to add resistance to the OK2 when amping it to get all the benefits of the OK1. Any thoughts? -CK

Sep 6, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #19 of 28
Good to know, thanks. I was hoping for something along the lines of the Etymotic PtoS cable that changes the ER4P to the ER4S.

Jun 13, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #23 of 28
I just got my Yuin OK2.

DSC_6372-1b.jpg

It has a very detailed, fast sound. Textures sound great on it.
Instrument separation and positioning, soundstage and decays are also very good.
I would say it is a very analytical bud.
Recommended!

It's tonal balance is more towards a lean sound, mid and high frequencies emphasized, although luckily there is no anoying treble peaks.

There is some mid bass, but almost no deep bass (<60Hz), so bass-heads beware. Most likely it will show some more deep bass in the next few weeks of burn in, but I am shure its overall balance will not change much.

I'm testing it with my Benchmark DAC1 and iPod Classic 120Gb. Sounds good on both, but of course it has a lot cleaner highs on Benchmark and a little more bass on the iPod.

Comfort in earbud mode is excellent, fits like a glove. I did not try in-ear mode because I don't like it.
I preferred the half-open rubber cover then the open one to tame the highs a little.

Jul 4, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #24 of 28
I have a pair of OK2's that I got a while ago, and I love the sound. But every time I take them off, they will get tangled. No matter what, I wind up having to detangle them every time before I can wear them.

What can I do? I saw when I got them somebody mentioned re-cabling them. Where can I get that done? Will it make them sound worse? Better? I bet if I try it myself I will ruin them.

I thought about covering the wire with shrink-tubing, maybe that will help to make them stiffer. Any comments on that?

I need to get another set of earbuds so I have one at home and one at work. Are other model Yuins much better in this regard? Worse?

Jul 4, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #25 of 28
Aug 9, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #27 of 28
To anyone who owns ok2 or any earbuds, I suggest burn it in for 700 hours or 600 hours at least. Here is some burn-in history. After 200 hours, the buds develop a kind of sticky sound, very lush and enjoyable, the bass depth and impact improved. After 500 hours, the sound stage began to open up, better instrument separation, more details. After 550 hours, the instruments began to develop body. After 600 hours, the dynamics finally improved, giving the them a more textured and organic sound, the highs became more detailed and effortless, much much better separation, the soundstage become more open and gain depth that can rival that of tm5, a very out-of-head soundstage. They still lack the refinement of high end buds but you only listen to instruments, ok2 is very satisfying given proper burn-in. The price is now justified compared to tm5, almost.

Jun 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #28 of 28
Quote:
The 150 ohms resistance is inside the driver. Adding resistance to the cable will not make ok2 become ok1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhirnigs113 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, these won't work, are you sure?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Etymotic-ER4P-to-ER4S-3-5MM-plug-resistor-adaptor-/281110649388

Users who are viewing this thread

Back