yuin and apogee killed my sr325i..now looking for a flat 'studio' reference type can...apogge + hd600, no amp ??
Jun 4, 2011 at 10:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

el-bo

Head-Fier
hi

i've finally had it with my grado's

i've had 'em for about 4.5 years, and used to really enjoy them in my studio setup

once my focusrite died, i was without an interface for some time, so didn't use them...then i ended up getting an apogee duet.....great upgrade, fantastic through my speakers but i hate the 325i's through them...

it started out as just a general disappointment that such a potentially wonderful pairing was just lacking...but, once i received my yuin g2a's it was confirmed...

i can't tolerate the grado's anymore...the yuins beat them with comfort and are just pleasant to listen to...the grados are too forward, too 'middy' and too uncomfortable...i also have realised why i'm always cutting swathes of midrange out of my music productions

i'm not sure what they command, second hand, but i think i'm gonna try and sell them

the past couple of days, i've read many pages on this forum, and i'm pretty convinced that the hd600's are the way to go for me

the only thing is that amping is not in my future...i've seen mixed responses, so am not sure...i don't listen at high volumes, so maybe i could do without the refinements also from amping

the hd600's might also be a little pricey....i won't be able to add much (if anything) to the money i make from the grado's, so maybe others can recommend me a can that doesn't over-emphasise areas along the spectrum

any help, appreciated

thoughts ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back