Your Recommendations Based on Certain Criteria
Apr 4, 2011 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

VanCitySound

100+ Head-Fier
[size=small]I know these kinds of threads must be tiresome, but here it goes…[/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small]I'm looking for an amp based on the following criteria:[/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small](1) Solid State[/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small](2) Under $300[/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small](3) Can be used with the udac-2[/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small](4) Can satisfactorily drive the following: (i) HD 600, (ii) BT 880 (600) and (iii) Shure 840[/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small]I have looked at the Little Dot MK V, Schiit Asgard and a used Perreaux SXH-1 but I am too new at this to know if these amps are worthwhile or if there is better out there that meet the above criteria. [/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small]Thanks for your help. [/size]

Apr 5, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #3 of 6
You may have to tailor this question for the "big" thread related to each of these amps, and see what you get. More work for you; less work for those who follow high traffic threads. Just a suggestion. Good luck!

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #4 of 6
Take a look at that new Dynalo going for $300. One of the best circuits out there and it drives everything short of a K-1000. Take a look at some of the older Dynalo build threads and DIY comments. There's a reason why it's been so popular for so long.

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #6 of 6
[size=small]Thanks guys, grade 9 (many years ago) was the last time I picked up a soldering iron so I'm nervous about doing any DIY jobs although that would probably open up a whole new world of possibilities![/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small]I missed out on the Perreaux:[/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=110668390935&si=Rres7lvig5EFka4L6lDRY6pKM%252FM%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&autorefresh=true[/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small]I'm doing some further research on the Asgard, MK V, M-Stage and also my Canadian bro's at Purity Audio (but they seem to be out of stock).  If anyone has some comparative info or thoughts on these contenders or others please let me know. [/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back