YOUR IDEAL HEADPHONE: What is yours if you could take one and tailor it to you?
Mar 8, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #91 of 97
55 mm drivers do not need separate mid and treble drivers to make bass...more about a sealed baffle via a good earpad seal - to retain generated pressure.  Simple mechanical systems of an air pump that's all it is.

Mar 8, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #92 of 97
  55 mm drivers do not need separate mid and treble drivers to make bass...more about a sealed baffle via a good earpad seal - to retain generated pressure.  Simple mechanical systems of an air pump that's all it is.

need 
biggrin.gif

I love that word. 
I'm sure I didn't use it though.

I was responding to the OP and his thread title. I wanted a dual driver over ear and I found it it.  (nobody mentioned this when i asked the question)  55mm is a nice size and this one is surrounded.reinforced  and equipped to drop the freq via 2 chambers. That is .....right down my bass alley.

Mar 14, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #93 of 97
After checking around the corner for portables the one I miss the most is

Focal Spirit Pro:
I would make the cups a little larger to cover the ears
the sub bass a little stronger

ThatS IT

Mar 16, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #96 of 97
  Shure SRH-840 with larger soundstage, way more bass and better imaging/separation. That would be my ideal headhone.

Interesting. I think the soundstage is accurate when it comes to position, but you're right that it's a little congested. Regarding bass, I know there's a mod for SRH440; maybe it works for 840 too.  

Mar 16, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #97 of 97

Interesting. I think the soundstage is accurate when it comes to position, but you're right that it's a little congested. Regarding bass, I know there's a mod for SRH440; maybe it works for 840 too.  

3 or so people said that the Shure-SRH 1540's have what I'm looking for. More bass than the 840's, while being more refined overall and still retaining that engaging sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back