Your happiest musical moment in recent memory
Nov 10, 2010 at 4:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Argyris

Head-Fi's third most long-winded poster.
The title says it all. For me, it was about three months ago, with a set of SR225i. I was rediscovering a bunch of 80s pop that I hadn't listened to in forever, and something just clicked. Maybe it was because the Grados were just perfect for that music for some reason, but I found myself headbanging and flailing my arms around, volume blaring. I never do this kind of thing. It was pure, total bliss.

Wish I still had those cans, just on account of that. Beyers are nice, but I've never headbanged with mine. Never felt the urge.

So how about it? What sort of magical musical moments have you folks had, recently or otherwise?

Nov 10, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #2 of 5
R10s + SDS-XLR + Reimyo + Mozart Opera = 'nuff said

Seriously though, it was my first time hearing all the late masterpieces since I put my system together and it really gave me a whole new appreciation for them; the powerful orchestration in Idomeneo, the fun colorations in Serail, the perfect balance of comedy and poignancy in Figaro, the overwhelming magnificence of Don Giovanni, the sheer pristine beauty of Cosi, the magic of Flute... it's just all so palpably THERE when you hear it with a great system.

Nov 14, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #3 of 5
Got the new Sennheisers, HD558, and was really enjoying some really mean bassline the other day, made me get up and play along (with the whole band). Screw neutral cans, smiley sound is where it's at!
L3000.gif

Nov 14, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #4 of 5
Daft Punk + the Cowon i7 + NuForce NE-6 always sound ridiculously awesome for some reason, I enjoyed that recently. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back