Your favorite IEM under $50?
Apr 27, 2012 at 1:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

JK1

Headphoneus Supremus
I started reading the your favorite IEM thread and was disappointed that most remarks were for IEMs over $100.
Let's start with the under $50 category. Perhaps later we could have an under $100 thread.

So far my favorite IEM under $50 is the $25 Panasonic RP-HJE450. It has strong natural sounding bass and nice detail, however it doesn't isolate so well.It has an ergonomic shape with oval nozzles, fits me very well, and is very comfortable.  I also enjoy the $8 JVC Riptidz very much. it is also ergonomically shaped and very comfortable. The Riptidz has decent detail but not as much deep bass as the HJE450.

Apr 27, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #3 of 33
Thermaltake Isurus for me definitely.  I pretty much use these the most out of any of my earphones since I like to have the mic when I'm on my PC.  Other than the sound, I really like how they're ported so they only partially isolate.  This way I can still have conversations with people when I have them in my ears.

Apr 27, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #5 of 33
Hard to pick one:
Vsonic GR 99- Killer Bass-punchy without bloat-sweet warm mids-nice crispy treble-has nice air around it..$25 is a steal..
2nd- MEE  M6- slight v shape-good all rounder

Apr 27, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #6 of 33
Only IEM's I got in that price range are the JVC HA-FX67(descent, especially for $15), I can tolerate listening to these for about a maximum of 15 minutes before the SQ or lack there of starts bothering me. I use these occasionally for brief instances such as walking over to my friends place who is about a 7 minute walk away. I can't be bothered with carrying the DIYMOD iPod/Amp/Fitear MH334 custom combo for brief walks.

Apr 27, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #7 of 33
Apr 27, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #8 of 33

Quote:
Only IEM's I got in that price range are the JVC HA-FX67(descent, especially for $15), I can tolerate listening to these for about a maximum of 15 minutes before the SQ or lack there of starts bothering me. I use these occasionally for brief instances such as walking over to my friends place who is about a 7 minute walk away. I can't be bothered with carrying the DIYMOD iPod/Amp/Fitear MH334 custom combo for brief walks.

I have the HA-FX67. It is comfortable and doesn't sound bad, however I prefer the sound of the $6-8 JVC Riptidz to that of the HAFX67.

Apr 27, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #9 of 33
Apr 27, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #10 of 33
Using a more sensitive IEM means that the player needs to put out much less power to get the same earphone volume. It means less distortion and longer battery life. I guess some will say that db/V rather than db/mw is really what is relevant.

May 6, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #12 of 33
SoundMAGIC E10. I still think it's an excellent contender for entry level. It has everything beginners are looking for in most cases. Punch bass, forward mids, and slightly recessed highs which sparkle. It was my first IEM when I found this site and I still love the sound today.

May 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #13 of 33
The JVC HAFX40 looks interesting. I guess I will probably buy it sometime. The Soundmagic E10 is well liked by many. I guess it is also worth buying(or should I buy the E30? Perhaps I should get both?) The VSonic GR99 looks very interesting, but where can it be bought? Does Amazon have it?

May 7, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #14 of 33
Quote:
The JVC HAFX40 looks interesting. I guess I will probably buy it sometime. The Soundmagic E10 is well liked by many. I guess it is also worth buying(or should I buy the E30? Perhaps I should get both?) The VSonic GR99 looks very interesting, but where can it be bought? Does Amazon have it?

Here's the GR99 I'm also interested in it's performance as Vsonic make some wonderful stuff. I haven't heard the E30 but it grabs attention.

So many great choices in this price range today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back