Your Favorite Cans
Jun 4, 2011 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

BotByte

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking around for some new Cans, I just want to know what you like and also include why you like them the best.

Personal pics get extra points!

My Grado SR80i
I got them as my first HIFI cans and can't love them enough.
You can see I have Senn HD414 earpads that are not modded, just placed on. I got my Sansa Clip+ added to the headband and the white and wood tips are from ceiling fans that I stuffed toilet paper in to have them fit. It helps me see what is left and right.

Jun 4, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #3 of 8
Pretty strange looking grados you have there..but what's wrong with the L and R markings on the headband? 

I only have 1 can which are my modded SR60i's, looks stock except for the taped bowls. Vented the drivers and added some felt to the magnets to control the highs. Pretty solid sound but I still want to try out other headphones to compare and contrast. 

Jun 4, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
They look very similar to the Allesandro MS-1's...
As for the forum topic i don't really have a pair of favourite headphones at the moment... still searching.

Allsandro are Grado but tweaked. Some people think this is better, I stayed with the original.

If you need any starter cans, see my signature, they are all under $100. 

Jun 4, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
Pretty strange looking grados you have there..but what's wrong with the L and R markings on the headband? 

I only have 1 can which are my modded SR60i's, looks stock except for the taped bowls. Vented the drivers and added some felt to the magnets to control the highs. Pretty solid sound but I still want to try out other headphones to compare and contrast. 

I've been thinking of taking mine apart and to wrap hockey tape on the inside to muffle down the bass and close the backing to add isolation and more woof from the bass.

No... We cannot start a mod thread.

Anyone with favs?

Jun 4, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #8 of 8
My favorite is the Koss Pro DJ 100. It's a nice budget headphone and sounds so good for the price. It's beat out a lot of more expensive closed headphones I've tried.
It has my near perfect signature and the only issue I have with it is the stock pads and how it needs an amp. It has that fun signature that's still quite balanced. Most under-appreciated headphone there is!

The HD-598 came along and it has a similar signature in many ways and that's the other I would have picked. So maybe they're tied?

The DJ100 and the HD-598 are my most used headphones. HD-598 has been on my head more than my K601 after I recabled it and it really cleared the sound up.
I always wanted an open DJ100, so the 598 will be good enough for now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back