You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #4,141 of 6,356
Also, you know you're an audiophile when you're listening to a recording of Holst's 'The Planets' and you start thinking that, during the chorale in "Jupiter", the people who aren't playing need to stop creaking their chairs and simmer the **** down! And the percussionists need to stop tapping the bass drum at random times. And can't you all turn the pages more quietly? Jeez.

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #4,142 of 6,356
Quote:
very_evil_smiley.gif

Hey, of course it would be the LCD2's dont worry... 
biggrin.gif

We all know it would be impossible to carry both, I mean they are just far to heavy.

Nov 3, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #4,143 of 6,356
I quite like your signature, WC. I had something like that in mine for a while (about the midrange, I mean) but had to temporarily retire it to make way for all the threads I'm linking now.

You know you're an audiophile (and an established one, at that) when you realize that all the magic in music is carried through the mids.

Nov 3, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #4,144 of 6,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You know you're an audiophile (and an established one, at that) when you realize that all the magic in music is carried through the mids.

Jeez, I just had that revelation a while ago when I listened to my M50s again. It felt like the music was hiding from me, like the music wasn't there, only noise.

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #4,145 of 6,356
Quote:

You know you've missed the point when you think that all the magic in music is carried through the mids (or lows or highs for that matter)...

You know you're an audiophile when you stop thinking about what part of the frequency range is most important, but realize you need bass, mids and highs to work together. As all of them only carry part of the spell, the magic doesn't happen until it is all brought together in just the right way...

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #4,146 of 6,356
When the wife leaves the room and the music just sounds better

Nov 3, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #4,150 of 6,356
When you start finding enjoyment even listening to music that "is not your kind" just because you really appreciate the quality of the recording / mastering, and / or quality of the musicians.

For instance, I don't like Maná in particular, but Mana's MTV's Unplugged sounds absolutely awesome.

On a more practical level, when you are attracted to a music store like a moth to the light. Or more like a fly to the Schiit perhaps?

Nov 3, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #4,151 of 6,356
When you pause your music every time you see a lightflash outside, to enjoy the thunderous texture of the lightningstorm :)

(Happening to me at the moment in Holland :D)

EDIT: **** this is the most amazing thunderstorm I've ever heard here, my whole ******* village is shaking, I wish I had a subwoofer like this

Nov 3, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #4,152 of 6,356
Quote:
When you're at a concert and think how much better it would sound in your headphones.

I have never  felt that way....lol. 

Nov 3, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #4,154 of 6,356
Quote:
When you pause your music every time you see a lightflash outside, to enjoy the thunderous texture of the lightningstorm :)

(Happening to me at the moment in Holland :D)

EDIT: **** this is the most amazing thunderstorm I've ever heard here, my whole ******* village is shaking, I wish I had a subwoofer like this

Where do you live?
There is no storm here in Nunspeet 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back