You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #782 of 6,356
my mom is the one that gets quite mad about my purchases >__>

Aug 16, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #784 of 6,356

Quote:
When my Sr60i came in, my mom got the package, i was at work. She asked about how much i paid for them, and was like "Mom, please, how do you think a headphone can cost? These were like 25 bucks."

Actually, they cost me $160.

$160 for the SR60i? 
eek.gif
 Hope its not USD your talking about here

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #785 of 6,356

Quote:

That happened to me when I was looking for my second set of headphones, and one of my friend was like: DUDE get a gaming PC 
atsmile.gif

haha my co-workers say "you spend all your money on thousands of dollars worth of headphones" then I get mad at him because he demo'ed beats and swears they're the best things he's every heard.

I tried to explain how the sound is bloated and farty, but the message wasn't heeded.

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #786 of 6,356

Quote:
When my Sr60i came in, my mom got the package, i was at work. She asked about how much i paid for them, and was like "Mom, please, how do you think a headphone can cost? These were like 25 bucks."

Thing is...my mom scarily knows the prices of my headphones .__.

Aug 16, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #787 of 6,356

Quote:
When you put your hands over your headphones like you did as a kid when you had crappy cans..

When any digital content below lossless is unacceptable

When you claim certain equipment is more "musical" than others

When you swear you hear a difference after buying an AC power purification system for your stereo (ok this actually can have a difference if your house was wired in 1950)

When you check your mailbox daily for Stereophile magazine (or any other type of audio magazine)

When you constantly experiment with your setup (headphone, desktop/shelf, full stereo setup)

When you know the subtle differences between horn, cone and planar monitors with your eyes closed

and most of all.. when you see anyone using anything made by Bose, you get angry. haha.

Actually..i got a bose desktop companion speakers bought 5 years back. At that time it was my first high end audio equipment for $90
tongue.gif
Xonar STX's boosted highs gave new life to the speakers now. I liked their mids always. With STXs correcting the high roll off, it is more than decent now. I have to live with some boomy lows though...mostly in the lower mids.

Aug 16, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #788 of 6,356

Quote:

I hope that your SR60s are made out of gold, man...

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #792 of 6,356
When you refuse to go out clubbing because the audio gear the DJ uses just isn't up to the standard you wish for, so you spend your friday night listening to the same music in your room with you cans on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back