You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #4,981 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when your portable rig has never left the confines of your home.

You know you're an audiophile when the last time your primary cans have been outside your house, they were in their box in the UPS guy's hands. Almost two-and-a-half years ago.

They made their journey from Bozeman, Montana, and spent the first two hours of their playtime hooked up to a buzzy old receiver up in the loft. They gradually changed sources and migrated downstairs and all around the house. They even got packed up one time when I intended to take them to Chicago with me. But then the project I needed them for got cancelled, so I left them behind.

I was just thinking about this about a week ago. They've never left my house.

The opposite is true for me. I'm so excited when a new headphone comes that I use it constantly, home or otherwise. I just cant stand to leave it at home. It could be practically unusable without an amp and I'd still bring it along.

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #4,983 of 6,356
Quote:
I often use a rig that others would call portable as strictly a home rig....and just use an ultraportable rig on the go.
smily_headphones1.gif

agreed!

When you rockbox a sansa so you have a portable rig.

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #4,984 of 6,356
Dec 11, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #4,986 of 6,356
when you switch off bgm for your console games so you can listen to your own music from your own setup seperately

Dec 12, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #4,987 of 6,356
Quote:
when you switch off bgm for your console games so you can listen to your own music from your own setup seperately

When you admire good music production in video games.

I may not like the series, but the Halo 2 soundtrack is ******* awesome.

Dec 12, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #4,989 of 6,356
Quote:
When you cringe every time someone tries out the Beats demo station at Best Buy.

When you tried out the Pros at said station yourself and made the weirdest face of your life

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #4,990 of 6,356
To me the beats listen stations are to your ears what a bad car crash is to the eyes......

As much as you shouldn't you can help but take a look/listen....

Dec 12, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #4,991 of 6,356
Quote:
To me the beats listen stations are to your ears what a bad car crash is to the eyes......
As much as you shouldn't you can help but take a look/listen....

I guess I experienced half a car crash at mine, then, since the left earpiece was out on both the Solo and the Studio models.

I don't know how they managed to coordinate that. Either the durability is really that bad and it just happened to go out on both (the Studio set was cracked on that side), or the source was like that. The Bose set, at its separate listening station, wasn't like that, so I have to wonder if the Beats are really that poorly made that both of them managed to break the same way.

Dec 12, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #4,992 of 6,356
Quote:
That is my portable rig.....rockboxed Clip Zip and portable headphones.
beerchug.gif

X2...the problem is, I now carry my portable and my ultra-portable around and switch between them as my mood dictates. Has led to some rather confused conversations at work...

"So that's an mp3 player, AND that is an mp3 player?"

"Well, not really, I only use flac"

"Wait, what's flac? And why do you need two mp3 players?"

"Its a lossless audio format...and this player sounds different from this one. And both sound different again if I add amps..."

"You add a what?"

And so the conversation meanders on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back