I think the Rs-1's sux lovespuds
rs1smile.gif

Take that you evil uber grado geek

omg noes!!!!!!!oneoneone

-goes and jumps out window

Aug 27, 2006 at 4:06 AM Post #48 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
LOL, who is the "invisible" poster in this thread way back when?

-Ed

williamgoody
Banned

lambda.gif

Aug 27, 2006 at 7:18 AM Post #50 of 79
Yup, very nice thread. Also remember that people have very different musical tastes. I absolutely hate rock, metal, jazz, country, and a few other genres, but I know that there is no right set of musical tastes. If I say that this kind of music sounds like absolute crap to me and is incredibly boring, don't freak out and accuse me of having bad musical taste because no such thing can exist. Ultimately it's pointless to knock someone down for their music tastes, since that person can just as equally knock you down for your music tastes.

Aug 27, 2006 at 8:57 AM Post #52 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyrfytrhoges
"also remember..."

youre kinda stating the obvious about musical tastes, this has been stated ad nauseum, kids these days......

I wouldn't be surprised if people here would flame me for having bad music taste if I said that genres like rock, metal, and jazz sound like pieces of crap to me and don't deserve to be called music.

Aug 29, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #53 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyrfytrhoges
blah blah blah...

Nice sig, you should explain what happened...
mad.gif

On topic: I wish Jude would lay down the hammer as shown in this thread around here these days. It'd be nice to get rid of the scammers, flamers and otherwise.

Aug 29, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #54 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
Yup, very nice thread. Also remember that people have very different musical tastes. I absolutely hate rock, metal, jazz, country, and a few other genres, but I know that there is no right set of musical tastes. If I say that this kind of music sounds like absolute crap to me and is incredibly boring, don't freak out and accuse me of having bad musical taste because no such thing can exist. Ultimately it's pointless to knock someone down for their music tastes, since that person can just as equally knock you down for your music tastes.

You sound like an angry person. Hate is a strong word. It's ok to have a limited view of music and you can still have good taste. Look at Woody Allen for example. He has excellent taste in music but he does not like anything that was written after the 1950's or early 60's. Are you a musician? If you studied a music instrument or music theory in a serious way, I can guarantee that your perception of music will change to a new level. But anyway, it's ok to dislike many types of music. My uncle dislikes jazz, rock and everything else but loves only Mozart operas.

I know a girl who dislikes all kinds of food and thinks that tacos are the only good food.

Aug 29, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #55 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
Nice sig, you should explain what happened...
mad.gif

Did something happen? Maybe he will share with the rest of us. And to think I thought it was just self-deprecating humor.
confused.gif

Aug 29, 2006 at 2:53 AM Post #56 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs
You sound like an angry person. Hate is a strong word. It's ok to have a limited view of music and you can still have good taste. Look at Woody Allen for example. He has excellent taste in music but he does not like anything that was written after the 1950's or early 60's. Are you a musician? If you studied a music instrument or music theory in a serious way, I can guarantee that your perception of music will change to a new level. But anyway, it's ok to dislike many types of music. My uncle dislikes jazz, rock and everything else but loves only Mozart operas.

I know a girl who dislikes all kinds of food and thinks that tacos are the only good food.

I am not a musician. I realize that hate is a strong word. I stand by my assertions.

Aug 29, 2006 at 4:05 AM Post #57 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs

Hah, reminds me of my wife's old roomie, who never ate a FRUIT until college! Not an apple, an orange, nothin'! And she lived in the burbs of Jersey, so it's not like she didn't have access to, you know, FRUIT. Sheesh!

Aug 29, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #58 of 79
i thought this was a fight club thread...

you are not your bank account
you are not a beautiful snowflake
you are the same decaying organic matter as anything else

Users who are viewing this thread

Back