Yet Another Recommendation Thread (~$50 Budget)
May 5, 2009 at 2:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Loser777

Head-Fier
After getting my JVC-RX700s a while back, I realized that this awesome setup was kind of hard to travel around with, even in my backpack, they were getting scratched up by the various gear I have... I find that these headphones are unsuitable for anything other than home or airplane use -.-"

Around 99.9% of my music is electronic, going from Electro to Psy-trance to Tracker (MOD/XM Chiptunes) to SIDs
So, I'm looking for somewhat of a more portable solution... ie: Earphones/IEMs...
I'm kind of siding with the IEMs since those tend to isolate better?
I've looked at some models in older threads: Denon AH-C551K, Yuin PK3, JVC Marshmallow, ER6is, etc, though I don't really have a good idea of what to get.

My current setup is a FiiO E3 (Prefer being able to replace battery whenever I want, even if it isn't rechargeable) + Ipod Touch, though this may change to something else like a GP2x Wiz.

May 5, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #4 of 7
what do u mean? the microphone is fully functional if u need to use it.. if not, it doesn't really get in the way since it's so small

its not available w/o the mic.. if it's a big concern, the next best choice is the pk3's

May 5, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #7 of 7
Ugh, haven't had great experiences with Ebay in the past...
Do other brands like Denon or Audio-Technica make good IEMs? I kind of want the isolation of an IEM, as the idea is that there's going to be more noise OUTSIDE of the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back