Yenona Adapter-Free DJ Headphones
Mar 1, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #31 of 37
I've got some news. Received my Yenonas today, of course I'm drooling all over those pads. The package is very minimal and no-nonsense, small box, cable/microphone and carrying bag. I can't give the best appreciation about the sound yet but so far I had a great time listening to the Redout soundtrack (I was playing it but really the music was taking the spotlight). They have great synergy with electronica genres, very enjoyable. There's a bump on the lows but they're not boomy,

I also talked to one of the chinese customer support of Yenona and they confirmed they're renaming their headphones to the brand Oneodio (looks like Yenona is going to be for their bags from now on). I think I got one of the last Yenona Branded units (with red accents and full black pads), since they updated it and now it says Oneodio on the headband (plus minor aesthetic change such as the Vinyl-disc-style cups, presumably even thicker pads with red stitching and reinforced metal on the adjustment part of the headband).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Yenona-Studio-Pro-DJ-Headphones-Professional-Monitoring-Headband-Headphone-with-Microphone-Hifi-Headphone-for-Mobile-Phone/32705349478.html?scm=1007.13339.33317.0&pvid=aa486828-7438-403f-904f-2fe8dade188c&tpp=1

I think I like the new version better I'm really curious about the new pads I hope they're not stiffer or something.

Mar 2, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #32 of 37
That's very interesting. Oneodio is 1 of at least 2 Yenona HPs now available under a different name (ie, something other than Yenona).

My Yenona's are 5-6 months old...clearly they pre-date this rebrand. This is exactly what mine look like:

(or at least, they did look like this until I started switching pads...)

As it happens, just last week Yenona sent me a complimentary set of new earpads (story there...their reply to my 5 month old email). Anyway, I noticed these earpads somewhat different from my (wonderful) stock pads, but put them aside. Well, I just took them & my stock Yenona pads and compared.

There are definitely differences:
-- the new pads have an obnoxious red thread/piping around the outside of the part that actually touches the ear vs my stock pad which are all black/no piping.
-- stock pads are distinctly thicker/deeper...they're ~1.2" deep vs ~1" deep for the new pads
-- finally, the stock pads feels somewhat different in terms of foam inside them. Stock pads have what feels like a light, very easily compressed memory foam. Not stiff at all--very soft on the face/head. By comparision, the new pads have foam that feels a little harder/more dense.

I wouldn't think of speculating about the sound produced by the new vs stock Yenona pads. But I will say that the original pads are probably my favorite of all the pads I've had on 5-6 different headphones (and some of these pads, like the MrSpeakers alpha pads, are costly and rather robust & beautiful).

I changed out the stock Yenona pads only with great reluctance--to address sound issues w/the headphones. If not for that, I never would have started pad switching.

BTW, just took out my Yenona's (w/HM5 pads installed) and realized how fond I am of this extremely "fun," comfortable headphone. It's getting little head-time at the moment, but it won't always be that way. I'm tempted to listen to them right now, but I have the flu (w/associated headache & tinnitus), so "that dog won't hunt."

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #33 of 37
  That's very interesting. Oneodio is 1 of at least 2 Yenona HPs now available under a different name (ie, something other than Yenona).

My Yenona's are 5-6 months old...clearly they pre-date this rebrand. This is exactly what mine look like:

(or at least, they did look like this until I started switching pads...)

Got that exact same model. The one with white stitching seems to be the oldest and the photos only remain as an oddity at this point.

How much do you pay for the pads only ? I wouldn't mind trying the ones with the red stitching as well, I'm a pad enthusiast if that's a thing.

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #34 of 37

Got that exact same model. The one with white stitching seems to be the oldest and the photos only remain as an oddity at this point.

How much do you pay for the pads only ? I wouldn't mind trying the ones with the red stitching as well, I'm a pad enthusiast if that's a thing.

The extra Yenona pads just received were no charge/complimentary (long story).

If you got that exact same model, that means you have the (at least) visually superior stock pads that are somewhat deeper.

You're still interested in trying these newer pads despite the fact your stock pads are probably better?

(dumb question...sorry. i'm a pad ho, too; you really don't need a reason)

Apr 16, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #35 of 37
  Build quality it goes to the takstar hd5500, but otherwise I do not find them anything special. They need other pads and now 2+years later the original cable has developed static at the headphone end. A bit narrow sound.

The yenona has wider sound ( I find that important) comfy stock pads but build materials may be lower end.

I would not go for the hd5500 since there's many alternatives in the 40-60$ range.

For Bluetooth receiver I can recommend 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Maceton-Aluminum-Wireless-Bluetooth-4-1-Receiver-with-Amplifier-3-5MM-Audio-Music-Home-Hands-free/32706578705.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.1.QkUoqE&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10065_10068_10084_10083_10080_10082_10081_10060_10061_10062_10056_10055_10037_10054_10033_10059_10032_10099_10078_10079_10077_10103_10073_10102_10096_10052_10050_10051-10033_10037_10077,searchweb201603_2&btsid=4c89ff53-3517-4cd0-9624-2cdd124712fa

I didn't try that particular bluetooth dongle but tried 2 different ones of the same style and the sound has a very noticeable bass rolloff. I think they're designed with a high output impedance (I read something like 16 Ohm) for line in connection so they don't match well with low impedance headphones like the Yenona/Oneodio (32 Ohm). I've read other users reporting impedance mismatching with this kind of dongles. I tried it with my 668b as well and the bass rolloff is less pronounced but still there. I'd say ~150 Ohm cans get the desired damping factor for this dongles.

Apr 3, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #36 of 37
I received Oneodio-version of these today. Ive been listening these for a while now and i already think that there is probably no better way to spend 30€/$. :L3000:

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #37 of 37
I made a simple "mod" to these; instead of changing the pads i scratched the foam off from the bottom of the pads and it seems to work; clarity is somehow increased and bass bleed is reduced significantly. It might be placebo effect but i claim that i hear pretty noticeable difference in certain songs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back