Yeah! My new NW-A828 arrived!
Apr 21, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #46 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by mule65 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You've seen some of these posts. Here's a link. Here's another. I keep reading posts saying the 5mW output has a hard time driving power hungry headphones and the bass suffers. Add an amp and all is excellent, but I don't want a clunky amp.

Oh yeah, OK, I remember now. I guess I didn't think it was a 'lot' of posts compared with the positive ones. What 'power hungry headphones' were you thinking of using anyway?

Apr 22, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #49 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Night Surfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does it have the reverse of Frequent: Songs that have never been played?
If it does I am getting one.

I double checked user's manual but I don't think so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whats the word on gapless with these players?

I have not tried yet, but it should play gapless with ATRAC files. I'll let you know later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow, looks great. makes me want to go get one. how is the sq and eq capabilities?

Based on a few days of listening, I think SQ of NW-A828 (when noise canceling feature is off) is basically same as NWZ-A818. Or, I cannot tell difference with my ears if there's any.
They share the same exact EQ settings.

Apr 22, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #50 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats a lovely looking set up. I like that crystal case better than the one for the A818.

I agree. As I mentioned in other thread, grey rubber covers for buttons are not so appealing. I'll post pic of both side by side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuzzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can you send and receive files from cellphones with bluetooth?

It never occured to me but my cell phone has bluetooth (I've been using it only for handfree phone calls while driving). I'll try later whether I can copy pic files from phone.

Apr 23, 2008 at 11:21 AM Post #52 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by HF_Frodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In addition to usual shuffle, Intelligent Shuffle has more options. Time Machine Shuffle will pick a random year and play all songs of that year in random order. Frequent Listening Shuffle will play songs that you listen to often in random order.

That's a really nice function. I sure wish my A818 (which only has "Time Machine Shuffle" and normal "Shuffle All") had that. Could I by any chance flash the firmware of the A818 to get this option? They share the same hardware after all (except for the BT and larger screen), so there shouldn't be any problems.

Apr 23, 2008 at 12:39 PM Post #53 of 120
Grats, that is a beautiful player!

How is the D-pad button to use? The sides of it look kind of small.

Can you compare to the D-pad on Nokia 6300 phone which looks kind of similar?

Apr 24, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #55 of 120
How much did this cost you?

I'm on SonyStyle Canada and it'll cost me 358 to grab the 16GB one. but no silver. And surprisingly, the 8GB ones on eBay cost 317 before shipping, taxes and duties.

Apr 26, 2008 at 8:02 AM Post #56 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by HF_Frodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Night Surfer,
Here you go. The same album art shown in larger mode. When I compare A828 to A818 side by side, 0.4 " display difference (2.4" vs 2.0") is more than I guessed before.

I was just wondering where you got the case for your A828 and if it would fit the A728.

Thanks!

Apr 26, 2008 at 2:26 PM Post #58 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whats the word on gapless with these players?

I can confirm that NW-A82x series play gapless, but only with ATRAC files. I ripped one of my cd's to ATRAC and MP3 for checking.

Apr 27, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #60 of 120
The new case looks much better, hand down. The A818 rubber buttons are quite ergonomic though. Probably better than the without the case. I really like the tactile quality of the A818 in the case. Does nothing for its looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back