Yamaha getting ignored? The Grado Killer: HPH-200
Nov 22, 2012 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Xaborus

100+ Head-Fier
I came across the HPH-200's today online. I instantly thought of Grados. Spontaneously i searched head-fi for reviews and only found one thread, in which a few members bought them and said they sound better than the Grado 60's, 80's, and 125's.

Why aren't these more popular? I'm thinking of picking up a pair myself, especially because they are marketed as studio monitors!

--"[size=small]As a leading musical instrument manufacturer, Yamaha combines rich experience with a strong focus on musical quality. Now Yamaha has used its expertise to create superior monitor headphones. Paying particular attention to the configuration of the drive unit and housing, as well as the earpad assembly, Yamaha designed the HPH-200 to deliver highly detailed instrumental music with precisely faithful sound reproduction."[/size]

Nov 23, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #2 of 3
I just have an hour listening to them and they sound really really nice. Amazing soundstage. Flat sound. Clear highs and Incredible bass for open headphones. I read many reviews of people saying that this are better than Grado's 80 and 125. I would like to try Grados 225 some day to compare.

EPH's 100 are also really good but a different thing. Soundstage is not as good, neither bass sounds. They sound really good for being 'in ear' type. The best in ears I've ever tried. The best of Eph's 100 is the isolation, just amazing. You can go on a bus at 110km/h with the sound of the wind or you can walk in the crowded city center and listen to music as if you are in your quiet house. They sound a lot better than akg's k314p which I also have and are quite good earbuds.

Both hph200 and eph100 are high quality products with different goals. I'm really happy having both.

I would probably upload some pictures in two or three days.

Nov 25, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #3 of 3
I have review it, at earmass.com

It is good sounding and have good soundstage.The sound is real,and flat as well,i will said this is a nice headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back