Yamaha EPH-100
Feb 24, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #1,441 of 4,690

Quote:
What would be interesting is people posting what rigs they're playing from.

I find to really get the most from them requires a good lod and amp, they really shine then.

Nice to know they're better than the coppers, that was one iem i did look at.

I use my Sansa Fuze with a FiiO E6 and that set up sounds much better then from my J3 imo which makes the Yamaha's sound a tab darker.  Of my $100 range IEM's the EPH-100 and Creative Aurvana 3 are the 2 I like the most right now.

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #1,442 of 4,690
Funny enough i use a sansa fuze with a P4 warbler, from the hp out it's fine but really comes to life when amped.

Perhaps that's why there are so many differing opinions about them?

Perhaps they're fussy about their source.

Feb 24, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #1,444 of 4,690
That's what im getting at, too many folk are posting reviews without even saying what their gear is.

It could be the gear that's faulting, and not so much the phones themselves, like i said they seem to need a good rig to really come to life.

I've been in touch with hiflight about some opamps that'll widen the soundstage, give me more treble extension and tighten the bass.

He has just the kit apparently, which hopefully will really make them come alive, can't grab them atm as im on short hours and have far too much going on anyway.

I will post up impressions once i get it sorted of course.

Feb 24, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #1,445 of 4,690
I should be getting these next week. Can't wait to have something that I can listen to when I fall asleep, the headphones in my sig aren't really ideal for that. I hope my cousin will enjoy his birthday as well since I got these for him. 

I've never heard good IEM's so these will be something new to me. 

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #1,446 of 4,690
I'm liking these more and more. The bass is amazing! I'm using the large rounded tips, and they sit just at the opening of my ears, so the bass is crazy... not sloppy or anything either.

Treble could still be better, but I don't have many hours on them yet. Isolation is really great, I can't hear a thing at the gym except my music.

Feb 25, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #1,447 of 4,690
The left channel on my EPH-100's went out earlier today, first time this has ever happened for me, I take very good care of my headphones, I was quite shocked.
frown.gif

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #1,448 of 4,690
It can happens to all, you have activate the warranty. In such way, is better to happen sooner than later.

Feb 25, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #1,449 of 4,690

Quote:
I'm liking these more and more. The bass is amazing! I'm using the large rounded tips, and they sit just at the opening of my ears, so the bass is crazy... not sloppy or anything either.

Treble could still be better, but I don't have many hours on them yet. Isolation is really great, I can't hear a thing at the gym except my music.

That's exactly how I wear them....not pushed in too deep but still have a good seal with the large tips. Very comfortable and the bass & midrange is very nice.

I am at the point where the treble doesn't sound bad, exactly....but it doesn't sound real either.  Still trying to decide if I can live with it.

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #1,450 of 4,690
I've been using the Yamaha's with my Fuze and FiiO E6 but seeing some people talk about how good they sound with Sony I tried my friends S series with them and they sounded really good.  It had more and cleaner bass and over all it just felt smooth and bigger sounding, so I might get either the S or A series because the new Z just seem over priced and I don't need Android. 

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #1,452 of 4,690
You should see for yourself, my guess is you won't be able to hear a difference. 
Quote:
ordered! i'm new to the world of 20$+ iem so i have a question...with this kind of earphones .mp3 320K is enough or .flac is needed to squeeze their full potential?

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #1,454 of 4,690
To me the difference in SQ between 320kbps and Flac isn't worth the extra space Flac takes up on my pmp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back