Xonar Essense stx Random LOUD high pitched Ringing Noise?
Jun 30, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #61 of 400
Quote:
angry_face.gif
. Anyone already tried the HT Omega Claro HALO driver ?  It seem that soundcard use again the same sound processor by c-media.
Optional: Do you you think I might damage the soundcard with this new driver experiment.

Note: yeah the high pitched sound problem also exists on auzentech sound card, see this thread:
http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=902668

Also there's a lot of complain regarding creative x-fi cards, some saying it's just a basic irq conflict with usb ports:
http://folding.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?p=1335104714

Someone claimed that are minor issue with the ht claro (much less annoying, occasional buzzing):
http://www.head-fi.org/products/ht-omega-eclaro-7-1-channel-pci-express-x1-sound-card/reviews

Perhaps the problem is related to win 7 ?

Well, now I've reason so to suspect, as the 3 kHz howl is occurring as randomly as with my Asus® XONAR®, on chipsets other than C-Media® products.  Microsoft Corporation apparently discovered at least one issue with the Windows® 6.1 and 7.0 audio stack itself; the resample bug addressed in /KB/2653312 at Microsoft® Support (which resulted in the hotfix using C:\Windows\System32\WDMAud.drv 6.1.7601.21879 and/or C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WDMAud.drv 6.1.7601.21879)  is probably the tip of the iceberg.

Jul 5, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #62 of 400
Does someone know of a hearing test where you can test ALL of the frequencies??

I only found this one which tests 8k and up. http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2009/03/can-you-hear-this-hearing-test/

Do you guys conclude the Xonar sound is around 3k????  Does that mean an extremely loud sound at 3k would hurt hearing of freqs at 3k and not the higher ones????

Someone please let me know asap, thanks.

Also are you guys getting the sound in both channels or just one???  I don't remember.

Aug 31, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #64 of 400
Really need to know if this bug has been fixed.

I am now using it with my Sennheiser HD600. To leverage the headphone I put it on the headphone jack and used the highest gain(I do find this setting the best in sq)........imagine what will happen if this bug strikes me.......probably I am going to be deaf and the headphone will be blown.

Desperately need your confirmation on the fix
frown.gif

Aug 31, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #66 of 400
For low gain I would agree to this ....... but how about the high gain option?
It produces really loud sound when I turn up the volume(mostly I set a low volume as it suffices)..........the loud high pitch sound is not in my control and if it delivers its full power, I am not sure.

Aug 31, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #67 of 400
Quote:
For low gain I would agree to this ....... but how about the high gain option?
It produces really loud sound when I turn up the volume(mostly I set a low volume as it suffices)..........the loud high pitch sound is not in my control and if it delivers its full power, I am not sure.

just set the gain option according to what your headphone support. There's no improvement in quality by setting it higher than necessary.

Aug 31, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #68 of 400
The headphone is of 300ohms, it looks the middle setting (64~300ohms) for gain is enough,
but lately I have found that for some songs the 300ohms is not loud enough to hear all the details; instead by setting to the highest gain (300~600ohms) and turning the output to 60% it sounds better.
Someone here shared the same with me:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=337314 (#3)

While for most songs the difference is minimal, maybe I should then stick to the middle gain, for safety reasons....
rolleyes.gif

Sep 1, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #69 of 400
You know, I'm not even sure that the gain you choose have an impact when the bug occurs.
The volume is just set to the max
biggrin.gif
, with the  typical sound .........
I   use the middle gain too, it's more convenient, especially if you switch regularly between different headphones.

I  use in fact two xonar stx in two different computer , and the problem seems gone.
I'm not sure it's worth the trouble to try windows 8 now, but lot of people hate it anyways.

Sep 1, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #70 of 400
Win8 is not an option for me now......a bit weird for me honestly
tongue.gif

You have my thanks for sharing your result with the possible fix, I will get it installed and hope that it's the true cure
wink.gif

Sep 1, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #71 of 400
The bug hasn't been fixed. If you listen to your music at 60%, then I'm guessing 100% would be "listenable" as well, just a little too loud and the noise won't go past that when and if it occurs.

250ohm DT990PROs, I listen at 20-40% (outputting through speaker out/RCA) and, well, it's just scary as hell when you're sitting in a quiet room, with your headphones on, no music playing*, and all of a sudden you get a high-pitched beeping noise coming out of your headphones at volume levels that -- to put it mildly -- you're not accustomed to...

*Because this (and using Ventrilo) is the only case when the problem ever appears. So aside from using Ventrilo, it never happened to me when the card was actually in use; whether while I was listening to some music (WASAPI), playing games or watching movies (WASAPI).

Sep 1, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #73 of 400
60% works only for some soft songs, "I got rhythm" is one of them.
For most of the others 20% suffices and 60% is likely blowing my ears
blink.gif
, so I am a bit scared now, maybe avoid wearing it besides listening then.
I used to wear all the time even nothing is being played.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back