XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!
May 7, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #3,661 of 3,865
Thanks!
Cheers
That one is more processor power than the F1.
Looks good to have more outputs as well.

I also have a unit that is same more powerful processor than the F1.
It is the DXIO Pro3Z

I do hear an improvement with it, so I would believe this one you found also a good bet.
Only issue is same issue of needing to get a box, so maybe look for a unit already finished

May 7, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #3,662 of 3,865
Thanks!
Cheers

Correction, that unit using same chip as the F1.

The DXIO Pro3Z uses a slightly better chip.
I had the F1 and did noticed slight improvement when I upgraded to the Pro3z.

Both of them did better with cleaner USB input so feed them with a "Regen" or similar item.

Last edited:
May 7, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #3,663 of 3,865
KTESU1-4.jpg
Screenshot_2017-05-07-22-51-30-1.png
So... My previous post regarding a "new" xu208, appears to be an SU-1 board , without the power supply, but also appears to have the Kitsune cap mod in pic 1. All for $100 shipped
Just ordered one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/122420183602

Last edited:
May 8, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #3,664 of 3,865
What you talking about? What kitsune mod???
Kitsune used Nichicon Fine Gold caps which are quite ok, but this picture shows Nichicon Muse - the worst, dry and sharp sounding caps...
The I2S is provided by Ethernet port instead of hdmi.
Also, this board use some chip clocks (oscilators) - Singxer used very good Crystek Clocks...

It is nothing to compare to oryginal Sigxer SU-1 or moded by kitsune version...

Last edited:
May 8, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #3,665 of 3,865
Slow down bro. Lol.
My post is a general observation. Notice how I said it "appears" 2 times. There's nothing definitive about my statement. All I have is 2 pics for comparison, and some things look similar.
So before you pop an artery , re-read my post and chill tfo.
Now maybe someone else can chime in with a little less stress in their lives to educate me on what I don't know about either. Regardless of the fact, I purchased the ebay unit for comparison to the F-1.
What you talking about? What kitsune mod???
Kitsune used Nichicon Fine Gold caps which are quite ok, but this picture shows Nichicon Muse - the worst, dry and sharp sounding caps...
The I2S is provided by Ethernet port instead of hdmi.
Also, this board use some chip clocks (oscilators) - Singxer used very good Crystek Clocks...

It is nothing to compare to oryginal Sigxer SU-1 or moded by kitsune version...

May 8, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #3,668 of 3,865
Quality of clocks affecting jitter. Jitter affecting sound quality, sound stage etc.

Nichicon Muse, example; same used in Gustard X20 as standard capacitor mostly responsible for bit sharp presentation. If you have some experience with soldiering gun you can replace them..

No power supply. SQ depends from PSU quality mostly.

Based on that I can assume that wont be so good as Singxer as just cant be. But you could do some modifications to improve SQ a bit. Price is just great.
As you are F-1 owner, I can't see a reason to buy this thing.

Jun 7, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #3,671 of 3,865
Now that's better. What can you tell me about the new board out? I don't know anything about clocks,caps, and chips. I had an x-1, and have a f-1, which sound fantastic. I'm curious to see where this one stands. Do you think it can compete?

Hello, any news on this new XU208? Just today I received a 2nd hand Melodious Audio MX-U8 USB converter. It sounds so nice I'm already thinking of upgrading. I'd like a usb-spdif converter on usb-power better.

Jun 11, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #3,675 of 3,865
Sorry folks for the late reply. This site is giving me fits. Hopefully this post makes it before the app shuts down again. I'm not getting alerts or anything.

I would not recommend that board at this point. I've already sent my first one back because it was doa. The second one should be here hopefully this week. I'll update this thread once I have it.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back