XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!
Jun 10, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #2,521 of 3,865
  Hi,
I want to upgrade my Amanero board in my ES9018 DAC to XU208 F-1 , i wonder where is the best price to get it ? Ebay is currently selling at 179$ :frowning2: 
And i have some questions :
- My Amanero board is using dedicate  power supply, not the 5V come with usb line, can this XU208 F-1 using dedicate 5V power too ? 
- This XU208 F-1 have isolation technology , does dual chip ISO7641FM make this isolation? 
- I see the 2 Crystek clock, but it was in the S / PDIF side of the board, if i only using i2s output, will this 2  crystek clock re-clock the i2s signal too ? Or it only for the S / PDIF section ?

Regards!

1. I think so. Someone removed the isolating DC-DC converter and used their own power supply. You could also connect the 5V from your DAC to where the 5V pin comes in on the USB, but it probably won't sound as good
3. It is for both. AFAIK I2S is generated first using those clocks for clock generation and then converted to SPDIF. It would sound awful if they were not used for I2S.

Jun 10, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #2,522 of 3,865

1. I think so. Someone removed the isolating DC-DC converter and used their own power supply. You could also connect the 5V from your DAC to where the 5V pin comes in on the USB, but it probably won't sound as good
3. It is for both. AFAIK I2S is generated first using those clocks for clock generation and then converted to SPDIF. It would sound awful if they were not used for I2S.

Thank you !
My DAC have a dedicate R-core and a lineair board for the  Amanero board only, it clean and dedicate power, now i want to use it for the F-1 board,  so i have to cut the power in of the usb line and replace it with 5v from my dedicate lineair power , right ? 

Jun 11, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #2,526 of 3,865
Btw, WZ is sending me a new F1 to replace my broken one. He sent me a tracking number that didn't work; hopefully, tomorrow or the day after tomorrow I'll get one that actually works.

Hi BucketInABucket,

you might use the Global page of DHL, www.dhl.com. At the right side you find two buttons named "express" and "logistics". Put your tracking number in the field under "express".
The second solution would be to search via "shippers reference number". The moment a shipping has been adviced to DHL it is available there. The national pages are updated much later. In addition you find here much more precise data including custom process etc.

My experience is that this works well with wz's shipping numbers as with any others.

Take care
Thomas

Jun 11, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #2,527 of 3,865
Got the 'Rev C' W4S Recovery board working with the F-1... circa 80 hours of continuous play on both.

Last night was a fairly big music session but not once did I feel the performance matched going from the W4S directly into the VEGAs USB input.

My gut here is the Aurender puts out an extremely good signal and thus some of the stuff that helps computers does not help very good dedicated servers. Also the USB module of the VEGA must also be very good.

I have felt for quite a while that my digital playback is nearing max attainable SQ - I've said a few times now that it's time to stop meddling and the last two things I tried have degraded, rather than improved SQ.

I think that AOIP is going to be brilliant when it goes domestic but it seems at least in my system USB is capable of sonic magic.

I wonder if Aurender will adopt AOIP, if so then I'll go for it for sure.

One thing of note is that Michael @ Audiostream said he could not note any difference between the Aurender N10s USB and Coax playback, which leads me to believe that Aurender got their USB tech very well designed and built.

I'll keep the F-1 for my computer, where it will no doubt excel.

:)

PS it's nice to see so many people happy with their systems, this is a very positive thread, full of great info.

---

Source:
*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS) > Curious short USB link > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed) > *Auralic VEGA (balanced)

Control:
*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:
2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz high pass filtered from subs)

Misc:
*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator
LPS: 2 x Swagman Lab Audiophile SE (W4S & FMC) & 1 x SMSL P1 (Intona power injection)
Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM
Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)
Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

Jun 11, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #2,529 of 3,865
Hi BucketInABucket,

you might use the Global page of DHL, www.dhl.com. At the right side you find two buttons named "express" and "logistics". Put your tracking number in the field under "express".
The second solution would be to search via "shippers reference number". The moment a shipping has been adviced to DHL it is available there. The national pages are updated much later. In addition you find here much more precise data including custom process etc.

My experience is that this works well with wz's shipping numbers as with any others.

Take care
Thomas

I got a royal mail tracking number, not a DHL one. Anyone else have experience with that? 
confused.gif

Jun 11, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #2,530 of 3,865
  Got the 'Rev C' W4S Recovery board working with the F-1... circa 80 hours of continuous play on both.

Last night was a fairly big music session but not once did I feel the performance matched going from the W4S directly into the VEGAs USB input.

My gut here is the Aurender puts out an extremely good signal and thus some of the stuff that helps computers does not help very good dedicated servers. Also the USB module of the VEGA must also be very good.

I have felt for quite a while that my digital playback is nearing max attainable SQ - I've said a few times now that it's time to stop meddling and the last two things I tried have degraded, rather than improved SQ.

I think that AOIP is going to be brilliant when it goes domestic but it seems at least in my system USB is capable of sonic magic.

I wonder if Aurender will adopt AOIP, if so then I'll go for it for sure.

One thing of note is that Michael @ Audiostream said he could not note any difference between the Aurender N10s USB and Coax playback, which leads me to believe that Aurender got their USB tech very well designed and built.

I'll keep the F-1 for my computer, where it will no doubt excel.

:)

PS it's nice to see so many people happy with their systems, this is a very positive thread, full of great info.

---

Source:
*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS) > Curious short USB link > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed) > *Auralic VEGA (balanced)

Control:
*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:
2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz high pass filtered from subs)

Misc:
*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator
LPS: 2 x Swagman Lab Audiophile SE (W4S & FMC) & 1 x SMSL P1 (Intona power injection)
Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM
Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)
Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

The Vega board and implementation is really top notch.    I would suggest two things that made a very large improvement for me - feed the Recovery a high quality ext LPS power source (9VDC), use a Curious 200mm link in between the F-1 and the Recovery, last (but maybe the best) a iPurifier2 right into F-1 between the W4S and F-1.   

Yes we live in extraordinary audio times! The raving reviews on the AOIP REDNET gear are already showning up on my AOIP thread.  Beating out the Mutec MC-3+ USB  - tough competition.

Cheers Mate!

Jun 11, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #2,532 of 3,865

It blocks the +5VDC output of the PC right it's USB port.  So no impedance or noise modulation with the data stream in the USB cable or plug.

Modded Jitterbug

Thank you. but it was not a solution i need.
I emailed ask Singxer about this and acttually it was very simply, i just need to de-soldering the input usb port then cut the 5v connector. Soldering it back and take 2 line from the board out to connect to my 5v Lineair supply.

Jun 11, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #2,533 of 3,865

Thank you. but it was not a solution i need.
I emailed ask Singxer about this and acttually it was very simply, i just need to de-soldering the input usb port then cut the 5v connector. Soldering it back and take 2 line from the board out to connect to my 5v Lineair supply.

But will you be able to desolder the usb port without damaging the board? 

Jun 11, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #2,534 of 3,865

The Vega board and implementation is really top notch.    I would suggest two things that made a very large improvement for me - feed the Recovery a high quality ext LPS power source (9VDC), use a Curious 200mm link in between the F-1 and the Recovery, last (but maybe the best) a iPurifier2 right into F-1 between the W4S and F-1.   

Yes we live in extraordinary audio times! The raving reviews on the AOIP REDNET gear are already showning up on my AOIP thread.  Beating out the Mutec MC-3+ USB  - tough competition.

Cheers Mate!

rb,

I want to join your party, but I can't let go of the Aurender... fingers crossed they will also adopt AOIP, as it does make a lot of sense to me.

For now, the music is washing over me like a super tube and I'm glad you've found a similar result.

:wink:

beerchug.gif

Jun 11, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #2,535 of 3,865

rb,

I want to join your party, but I can't let go of the Aurender... fingers crossed they will also adopt AOIP, as it does make a lot of sense to me.

For now, the music is washing over me like a super tube and I'm glad you've found a similar result.

:wink:

beerchug.gif

On another forum a member found some improvement with the F-1 and their microrendu but I suspect not as big a difference as from a PC usb, so perhaps the F-1 is not so critical from other sources. Or the Xmos drivers are optimized for PC usb. Thanks for your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back