XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!
May 26, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #1,906 of 3,865
Has anyone had a delivery or seen any movement from their Ebay seller on this?

Getting close to a month now with a fake tracking number for me. I haven't complained as I really would like to try out the F1. 

May 26, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #1,907 of 3,865
Found this interesting info on the JETPLL clocking in the REDNET 3:

http://www.meter.com/forums/pcaudio/messages/10/103950.html

also Focusrite and Presonus use JetPLL™ jitter reduction technology​

1. Posted by hfavandepas (A) on February 16, 2012 at 05:41:50 In Reply to: Anyone using good Firewire-to-spdif converter? posted by Jon L on February 15, 2012 at 20:06:50:
Hi Jon L,

Not only Weiss but also Focusrite and Presonus license the JetPLL™ jitter reduction technology from TC Electronic.
see: http://www.tctechnologies.tc/
So you might also have a listen too a (used) Forusrite Saffire to be used as an Firewire -> S/Pdif converter. Or some Presonus FireWire interface

In the Absolute Sound/Hi-Fi+ Guide to Digital Source Components
http://media.avguide.com/http://media.avguide.com/Digital_Source_Components_Buyers_Guide.pdf.pdf
on page 81 and 82 reviewer Allen Taffel compairs FireWire to USB.

He is very clear on what he preferes: Through the Bel Canto USB Link 24/96 (Price: $495) this HD music file sounds better than the CD, but only marginally so. The Focusrite Saffire FireWire (Price: $499) version utterly stomps the CD.

When choosing a FireWire audio interface, be sure too use a FireWire port in your PC which is based on a Texas Instrument Chipset. There are many reports on soundonsound from frustrated Focusrite and TC Electronic owners who used computers with FireWire ports based on other chipsets causing nothing but trouble.

I also had that trouble when using my TC Electronic Desktop 6 on my Dell Notebook. Nothing but trouble indeed. After I bought and PCMIA card with an Texas Instruments chipset based FireWire port, troubles were gone.

However I also regularly use a Steinberg 816MRX Firewire interface on that Dell Notebook and the Steinberg 816MRX has no troubles with being connected through the native Dell (Ricoh chipset) FireWire port.

Mark

May 26, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #1,908 of 3,865
http://www.tctechnologies.tc/index.php/products/jetpll

Highlights

1. Patented JetPLL™ jitter reduction technology.
  2. Hybrid design incorporates noise shaping to virtually remove audio band jitter.
  3. Ensures highest converter performance possible, resulting in better separation.
  4. Fast Locking to any digital format, through a wide range of frequencies.
  5. Extremely robust, and tolerant of wide variations in clock frequencies.
  6. Ensures near perfect clock performance when networking audio devices.
  7. Dual VCXO loop performance and quality.
  8. Filters jitter by approx. 100dB to -122dB.

Specifications

1. Frequency range: 15.8 MHz to 27.7 MHz (scalable)
  2. Jitter attenuation: more than 60 dB above 100 Hz
  3. Period jitter: less than 50ps RMS
  4. Wideband jitter: less than 200ps RMS (100 Hz highpass)
  5. Baseband jitter: less than 20ps RMS (100 Hz to 40 kHz)
  6. Jitter density: less than 0.1ps/rootHz above 100 Hz

JetPLL

jetpll_button.jpg
JetPLL™ is a patented solution for audio band jitter attentuation.
The fundamental problem in audio networks comes as more devices with clocks are added to the system -- there is a beating of the clocks against each other which creates additive audio band jitter. Traditional solutions involve expensive VCXO's and/or sample rate conversion. There is the further complication of low quality clocks in lower cost devices -- as networked products and systems become more common, lower prices for consumer and professional equipment drive manufacturers to use poorer clock solutions. In many cases, the variation from the specified clock frequency is so great that it falls outside the ability of many clocking solutions to cope (e.g. >100ppm variance). In such cases, equipment simply fails to work. This is not acceptable in either pro, CE or prosumer markets.
JetPLL™ provides the same performance as traditional, expensive clocking solutions found in the world's best professional clocking products. JetPLL™ is highly robust and extremely tolerant of wide variations in clock frequencies. Applied to 1394, USB, and AVB transports, JetPLL™ provides industry-leading jitter reduction. As a result, with JetPLL™, equipment just works.
All DICE chips include an on-board JetPLL™. JetPLL™ is also available as licenseable intellectual property. The implementation is CMOS-based, typically less than 20 kilogates. For more information, please e-mail us at info@tctechnologies.tc.
AES Convention paper on the benefits of JetPLL 1.0

May 27, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #1,909 of 3,865
Thats because you don't know Paul Hynes.

Paul Hynes licensed his design / technology on his simpler designs like the SR3's to a newly formed company bearing his name PaulHynesAudio. He couldn't keep up with the demand for these simple designs.

He still hand builds his high spec designs himself under his own name Paul Hynes.

hi jabbr

I have been wanting to get Hynes Power supply but at at one time it takes a year for delivery. 

Currently I am using HDPLEX 100W power supply with 5V power up the PPA V4 OCXO (which uses its USB for supplying F1). 

I wonder if u had compared Hynes to others and how does it sound like.

rgds

May 27, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #1,910 of 3,865
hi jabbr

I have been wanting to get Hynes Power supply but at at one time it takes a year for delivery. 

Currently I am using HDPLEX 100W power supply with 5V power up the PPA V4 OCXO (which uses its USB for supplying F1). 

I wonder if u had compared Hynes to others and how does it sound like.

rgds

No, I did no do any comparisons.

Mine did in the end take nearly 2 years to be delivered, because I put in my order just before he got ill and had to stop work completely for a while and go through a lengthy recovery process. Also because the SR7EHD is not asked for that often and my 4-rail required a special toroid. But I'm very satisfied with the end result.

May 27, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #1,911 of 3,865
That HDPEX does look very good for the money.

But, I think I'd rather keep everything separate and have 4 transformers, I know it's 4 boxes instead of 1 but merging all that together feels a bit of a compromise.

Does it matter much if one transformer feeds multiple rails, or is it my OCD?

May 27, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #1,912 of 3,865
  Has anyone had a delivery or seen any movement from their Ebay seller on this?

Getting close to a month now with a fake tracking number for me. I haven't complained as I really would like to try out the F1. 

My DHL shipping number issued 5 days ago hasn't had any movement, and still only reports shipping info received.  I'm waiting patiently as well...

May 27, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #1,913 of 3,865
  Hey guys, I'm a shop staff of wsz0304.We are sending out F-1 through DHL today.
We are very sorry about the delay in delivery has put you to great inconvenience.
First at all,there's a certain matter I want to explain, about F-1 XMOS USB digital interface board this is entirely hand-made and no mass production.In this month's 9th, the first batch of goods produced, we detect POB found the problem.All products returned to the factory to Re manufacture.Our delivery delay is to ensure good quality.
By the way,We will present the gift as a compensation for the delay in shipment.
Apologize again!
Thank you for your waiting and patience.

the Error POB

Thank you for the update. I suggest in future you should always ensure the stock number indicated on your eBay listing reflects what is actually ready to ship, to minimise frustration.

May 27, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #1,915 of 3,865
  Hey guys, I'm a shop staff of wsz0304.We are sending out F-1 through DHL today.
We are very sorry about the delay in delivery has put you to great inconvenience.
First at all,there's a certain matter I want to explain, about F-1 XMOS USB digital interface board this is entirely hand-made and no mass production.In this month's 9th, the first batch of goods produced, we detect POB found the problem.All products returned to the factory to Re manufacture.Our delivery delay is to ensure good quality.
By the way,We will present the gift as a compensation for the delay in shipment.
Apologize again!
Thank you for your waiting and patience.

Thanks for letting us know of your situation. We appreciate your open communication.

Does this mean that you now have available stock and can ship upon receipt of orders?

May 27, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #1,917 of 3,865
Can the xmos chip really be soldered by hand ?

I dont think they mean every piece is hand soldered. I bet the isolation parts are. If you look closely the board does not seem entirely machine made imo.

This also means this may be something of a limited edition. Wouldnt be surprised if it gets discontinued for a more stripped down version like diyinhk. I hope not. This is an amazing product!

May 27, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #1,919 of 3,865
A little update on the Mutec 3+ Smart Clock USB:

Well with some help I got it working as a SPDIF reclocker last night.  Very sweet indeed.

Obviously better then the W4S Remedy - not $500 better - but noticible.

In my main system on the APL DAC - just a slight improvement.  barely noticible - but there none the less.  The APL NWOjr has an excellent discrete SPDIF reciever board and super clock.  So not to surprising.  Again, this was using the Mutec as a SPDIF reclocker - not USB - that is SPDIF in from the F-1, SPDIF out to my DAC.

Will try the Mutec as an external clock for the REDNET 3 next week.  The Mutec 3+ Smart Clock is available without the USB board for around $800.  So with it's 1G clock a low cost (compared to other plug and play boxes).  A GPS atomic clock (DIY mod for power supply) can be made for about half that - roughly.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back