XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!
May 22, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #1,727 of 3,865
I just recieved the same info. Fingers crossed...

Can I ask where you are seeing the updated tracking? Was it in an email?

Ordered May 6 and nothing at all here.

May 22, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #1,729 of 3,865
eBay notification. When I track the number though DHL website the status is 'shipping info recieved'.

I get the same through DHL's web site which seems to be a legit number.  I'd be more than annoyed though if I had to wait weeks only to be forced to engage in a back and forth with the seller.  While I'm sure the lack of stock was a legitimate issue on the seller's end, I feel like they could have handled the whole situation better.

May 22, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #1,730 of 3,865

Hey looks quite interesting, obviously good price to,
(any links to other reviews/people using it)

Is it just basically a 5v supply that separates itself from the pc usb power source?

Also you wrote usb 3.0, does it need a usb 3.0 port from the pc?

Any more impressions or info you might like to share? I'm all ears.. :)

Yes it's a 5v supply with its own filtration. You can either power separately or use PC power. They sell a USB 2.0 version as well. I think it smooths out the sound even more and lowers the noise floor. You can find some feedback if you search under previous versions 'AXF-100' or AXF-104.

May 23, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #1,731 of 3,865

Hey looks quite interesting, obviously good price to,
(any links to other reviews/people using it)

Is it just basically a 5v supply that separates itself from the pc usb power source?

Also you wrote usb 3.0, does it need a usb 3.0 port from the pc?

Any more impressions or info you might like to share? I'm all ears.. :)

Yes it's a 5v supply with its own filtration. You can either power separately or use PC power. They sell a USB 2.0 version as well. I think it smooths out the sound even more and lowers the noise floor. You can find some feedback if you search under previous versions 'AXF-100' or AXF-104.

OK, looks like I found the other 1,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elfidelity-USB-Boosters-USB-audio-interface-Hi-Fi-Power-Filter-for-PC-DAC-AMP-/251959413499?hash=item3aa9f38afb:g:JcwAAOSwNSxVVEJg

But I'm still not sure I'm following on the 1 YOU HAVE.. (I'm just a little confused)
Are you plugging it into a USB 3.0 on your PC? Will it then only work on a USB 3.0?
And if it is only USB 3.0 it still works and plugs into the F-1 USB 2.0 connector on it?

Sorry for all the dumb questions..
(just that in the original ebay listing it says nothing about USB 3.0)

May 23, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #1,732 of 3,865
Well I just had a message from seller wsz0304 saying that the courier said there was something wrong with my package and I have to be sent a new one.

Caveat Emptor

May 23, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #1,733 of 3,865
  Well I just had a message from seller wsz0304 saying that the courier said there was something wrong with my package and I have to be sent a new one.

Caveat Emptor

another ******** , i have received exactly the same message few days ago ,     

Nouveau message de : wsz0304 (6,626)

no,i will send a new one to you,is ok.thanks

May 23, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #1,734 of 3,865
I contacted the eBay seller wsz0304 who delivered my F-1 and warned him of a vendetta building on here and he came back with this.

"thanks very much
in fact, something wrong with the shipping and this unit
i have sent messages to these customers
i hope they can understand
thanks for your message"

Before you ruin his reputation and damage his business, you might want to consider that he is almost certainly passing on poor service from his suppliers that he has little or no control over, look at his other feedback and then decide if he's a crook...

It would appear obvious that the OEM/factory have completely underestimated rate of production required to service sales volumes. He's probably being told every day "they are coming tomorrow" that isn't his fault - anyone who has run a business will know how awkward that situation is to find yourself in. He doesn't have the option to source them from somewhere else.

Just my 2p, but I think a reality check is needed here.

May 23, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #1,737 of 3,865
Before you ruin his reputation and damage his business, you might want to consider that he is almost certainly passing on poor service from his suppliers that he has little or no control over, look at his other feedback and then decide if he's a crook... 

crook or not ,what i see is that he still propose the F1 usb as in stock and no notification of back-order !  ( more than 10 avalaible)

May 23, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #1,738 of 3,865
Hi have ordered one F-1 directly from Shenzhenaudio.com May 8 and i received this message May 17

Hi Sebastien,The factory tell me that they supplier have some problem,the PCB doing wrong,have to re-doing. They tell me that maybe next ship is on next Monday.We will ship to you as soon as we receive.Thank you.

May 23, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #1,740 of 3,865

crook or not ,what i see is that he still propose the F1 usb as in stock and no notification of back-order !  ( more than 10 avalaible)

Agree, ideally he should update the listing stating there are production problems and the transaction should be considered a pre-order (even if he is constantly being told that 'x' amount will arrive tomorrow).

My guess is that he might be forwarding the orders on, acting more as a sales agent, in which case he would never know the real stock position, only what he's told.

I just think that he's in an awkward predicament not entirely of his own making... everyone is covered by eBay protection and there doesn't appear to be many other places to get the F-1 from right now, so patience will probably be a virtue to those who can wait for the factory to get their house in order.

PS, it is worth the wait, the F-1 is very good for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back