XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!
Apr 7, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #136 of 3,865
My order through freeshoppingchina is pending, got this answer about the delay:

Thank you for purchasing with us.

After confirming with the purchaser assigned on your order, this item is still pending the seller now. This is not an out of the box item, and the seller needs some days to get it prepared. So we are still waiting for the seller to ship out.

So it seems I have to wait longer than expected before it arrives.

Apr 7, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #138 of 3,865

After confirming with the purchaser assigned on your order, this item is still pending the seller now. This is not an out of the box item, and the seller needs some days to get it prepared. So we are still waiting for the seller to ship out.

So it seems I have to wait longer than expected Before it arrives.

same like me mine got pending for 2 or 3 week
just like i said this is small diy company from china that usually not prepare for a BOOM order suddenly
the seller must surprised to see suddenly so many people buying f1

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #139 of 3,865
How can he be sold out at 11 units?!

Maybe 110?

Anyways,

I been looking at enclosure for the F1:

:)

That is a really nice box - do you have a link.  Might want to order one.

There are many nice units on fleabay,
and not sure if this one will fit perfectly until I get exact measurements
From total length of the unit from tips of connectors..

Anyways here is a link:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=151649052697&alt=web

:)

Apr 7, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #140 of 3,865
  Did find F1 on FLeabay:     http://www.ebay.com/itm/F-1-XMOS-USB-Digital-Interface-Module-XU208-U8-upgraded-version-/111960639568?hash=item1a115fc850:g:UI0AAOSwAvJXBdC1

Needless to say Im happy and cant wait for it to arrive!

Many thanks RB2013!!!!!!

I just ordered one as well. I'm actually looking for AES, but my DAC will detect/lock to a 75ohm SPDIF signal on the AES input, so I may not need to wait for the SU-1.

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #141 of 3,865
  Did find F1 on FLeabay:     http://www.ebay.com/itm/F-1-XMOS-USB-Digital-Interface-Module-XU208-U8-upgraded-version-/111960639568?hash=item1a115fc850:g:UI0AAOSwAvJXBdC1

Needless to say Im happy and cant wait for it to arrive!

Many thanks RB2013!!!!!!

Nice find!  Free shipping to - that saves money.

So it seems I have to wait longer than expected before it arrives.

My second order is pending too.

same like me mine got pending for 2 or 3 week
just like i said this is small diy company from china that usually not prepare for a BOOM order suddenly
the seller must surprised to see suddenly so many people buying f1

Same happened to Breeze.  And DIYinHK sold out the Pro3a.

Anyways here is a link:

smily_headphones1.gif

The critical dimension is the 3 9/16" (91mm) approx as there are connectors on both ends.

I just ordered one as well. I'm actually looking for AES, but my DAC will detect/lock to a 75ohm SPDIF signal on the AES input, so I may not need to wait for the SU-1.

Well that would be an interesting experiment - in terms of SQ.

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #142 of 3,865
Review Update F-1:

Well at the 175hrs mark and the F-1 is leveling out in terms of changes.  Just a very tiny bit better last night.  No unlocks or freezes this morning on the F-1, it's been almost a week of 24/7 non-stop playing without a hitch.  The X-1 did have an unlock last night - so I had to close and reopen Foobar this morning.  The F-1 is running on a WIN10 machine the X-1 on a WIN7.  Up until last night the X-1 ran perfectly for 24/7 for days.  It could also be the addition of the Regen to the X-1 chain.  Anyway not a big deal - but I wanted to report that.

Otherwise just glorious sound - again digging way deep in my recordings archive - Some Leon Russell, Leo Kotke, Dave Mathews.  Oh Dave!  Haven't heard 'Some Devil' in a long time - never sounded this good!  Great fun listening to old favorites with a fresh presentation - small new details revealed.  The Leon Russell albums never particularly well recorded - just as smooth as can be, realism, like he was there with his piano in my listening room. 

Cheers!

Apr 7, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #144 of 3,865

Anyways here is a link:

smily_headphones1.gif

Looking at this box a little closer in might be about a 1/4" long - but worst case you could leave one side plate off, or drill it large enough so the head of a USB cable/adapter could fit in.

Sorry I remeasured the F-1 board with a better ruler and it's 99cmx49cmx25cm

I will order one. Wonder if it comes with any mounting hardware.

These little guys work great - they're 8cm long.

Apr 7, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #145 of 3,865
Those enclosures are supposed to be able to slide the board in without mounting hardware

Will see though

Apr 7, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #146 of 3,865
Those enclosures are supposed to be able to slide the board in without mounting hardware

Will see though

I remeasured just the board and it's 99cm x 49cm - I had a large crappy ruler before and since it was already mounted in my make shift case - no room to get the ruler inside,  So I had to eyeball it.  I found a better small metric ruler.

Those measurements are for the board only not the connectors that stickout

Apr 7, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #149 of 3,865
Is su-1 using same board as f1? Because I see su-1 has AES output which f1 doesn't have one. If I buy f1 which is cheaper but want to add AES output, how should I do it? From the img attached, it seems f1 is pretty straight forward to use, just connect pc usb to the usb input, and coaxial output from the board to dac, that is it, am I right? I am drooling on this f1 because it is very hard to wrap around the idea that this simple board setup can beat 30k analog rig, which sounds as good as getting "Nobel price" for audio.

Even my digital rig which consists of clean powered Intel NUC as renderer with fiber optic connection, still loses out little bit to a 20k Synthesis Roma cd player. But here this f1 can make you forgetting about 30k analog rig. That is unbelievable.

Apr 7, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #150 of 3,865
I just noticed that box is not a split design - it would make drilling holes and screwing in the risers almost impossible.  So I canceled and ordered one each of these - both split boxes:

Dimensions(Outer): 100mm (3.94") (L)* 71mm (2.80") (W)* 25mm (0.98")
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151333065047?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And this one a little longer:
Dimensions(Outer): 25mm(0.98")(H)x62mm(2.44")(W)x110mm(4.33")(L)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161414428256?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back