Xiaomi Pistons vs S-108 vs NarMoo S1
Feb 20, 2015 at 1:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Dragonsan

Head-Fier
For kicks, I'm trying to find the best budget earphones out there.

I've heard praise for all of these earbuds.

For people that have tried all of them: which one do you recommend and why?

Feb 20, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #2 of 6
  For kicks, I'm trying to find the best budget earphones out there.

I've heard praise for all of these earbuds.

For people that have tried all of them: which one do you recommend and why?

You have "S-108" in the thread title.  Did you intend this to be the Soundsoul "S-018"?  Also, what kind of signature are you after?  These phones all have different tonal qualities.

Feb 20, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #3 of 6
Also, what kind of signature are you after?  These phones all have different tonal qualities.

I was about to ask them same thing. I have both the S1 and Pistons...would take the S1 all day, every day. They offer a more comprehensive sound all around, and much better build quality. IMO the cable on the Pistons kinda sucks.

Also, NarMoo just came out with a new variant of the S1 with a mic and apparently more balanced sound. Impressions should start rolling in soon (mine included) so they may be worth waiting a little while for.

Feb 20, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #5 of 6
Correct.

I listen to all kinds of music, so the most neutral, clearest, most transparent one of the bunch would be ideal.

My vote for that would be the Soundsoul S-018 followed by the Narmoo S1 with the Pistons being last.  One thing I don't like about the S-018 though is the cable.  Using it is like fighting with a snake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back