Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Mar 30, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #556 of 888
  Yeah VPNs are illegal in China now.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/23/china-vpn-illegal-internet-censorship-government-approval/

Good effort though. FYI, I tried a Hong Kong server and got the same result. 

Ugh .. i'll confirm if it works when i'm in china in a few months..

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #557 of 888

You'd be surprised, especially when you're talking something that sells in the tens of thousands.

Retail price doesn't have anything to do with it - profit does.

There are much cheaper products that are faked - $10 Sony headphones, the Koss PortaPro, Koss KSC75. They even create fake RICE and EGGS in China (a rampant problem). An EGG. How it's economical is beyond me, but it's being done.

Over in Hong Kong, they did research and found that $20 (around 2 USD) is the most faked bill because nobody checks it before accepting. 

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #558 of 888
so these can't be used for running at all? that kinda sucks i guess since thats mainly what I use my headphones for. What KZ iem's would be the best for running (listening to podcasts and hiphop mainly) also how much of an upgrade are the pros over the pistons 3s? I use the pistons 3s for running and they are pretty decent. Would the Pro HD be worth getting as a back up?

Apr 1, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #560 of 888
  so these can't be used for running at all? that kinda sucks i guess since thats mainly what I use my headphones for. What KZ iem's would be the best for running (listening to podcasts and hiphop mainly) also how much of an upgrade are the pros over the pistons 3s? I use the pistons 3s for running and they are pretty decent. Would the Pro HD be worth getting as a back up?

Yeah, the Xiaomi Pro HD are heavy, and the insertion is quite shallow. They fall out of my ears just listening on my couch - no way would they be good for running.

QKZ (a KZ brand) W1 Pro would be great for running - that's exactly what I use mine for (in addition to skiiing, in-line skating, bike riding, disc golfing, etc). They are very lightweight, super comfy, and the memory wires allow them to really stay put. You could go skydiving with them in and they wouldn't budge. They cost like $5.

They are completely sealed, so the sound isn't the best because of that. However, when you vent them with 2 small holes, they sound as good as a $50 pair of IEMs. They are v-shaped, so would be an excellent match for hip-hop (once vented). If you get the transparent red or transparent blue you could vent them without opening the shells, because you can see/avoid the wires and driver. Just a thick sewing needle or tiny Dremel drill bit is all that's needed (you could even use an Xacto w/brand new blade as a "drill", a small nail heated with a torch, etc).

Pretty much all in-ear headphones have vent holes of some sort - I'm not sure why KZ didn't include some on the W1 Pro. I have had zero issues with sweat, moisture with the vent holes. I guess if you got caught in a severe thunderstorm or went swimming in them, you may have an issue. But then again, I wouldn't recommend any electronic devices in those conditions. Even still, they cost $5 so whoopity-doo.

Apr 2, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #561 of 888
I need a pair of in ear to use with my phone and computer with decent audio quality and a mic with remote.

Still don't know whether to buy the Hybrid Pro HD or the SoundMagic E10c, which ones do you think are better? I am not a fan of pumped bass tbh.
I was also looking at the Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear but I don't think I'll spend the extra money unless you really recommend them and tell me they're so much better than the Xiaomi and the Soundmagic.
Any advice? If you have any other model you think they are suitable for me I will check them out!
Thanks everybody :)

Apr 2, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #562 of 888
I don't have the Momentum in-ears so I can't comment on those. I do however, have Momentum OVER ear (full size headphones), and I can say that it's a relatively 'consumer-oriented' v-shaped sound signature. I've heard the Momentum ON-ears and they are tuned in much the same way. It's logical to assume that Sennheiser would tune the Momentum in-ears with a sound signature consistent with the rest of the Momentum line.

I have the SoundMAGIC e10, and they are really nice. They are a little more bass-centric, but not overdone in a boomy way. Instead of the e10, you may want to consider the e30. While I do not own the e30, they are purported to be more neutral. You can read more about both of them in this review thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/581119/review-soundmagic-e10

If you need the control remote, look at the models that end in c (ie e10c, e30c, etc). The 'c' adds the in-line remote.

You pretty much can't go wrong with anything SoundMAGIC makes. I have their HP150 & HP200 full-size headphones as well, and they are stellar.

Apr 2, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #564 of 888
  I don't have the Momentum in-ears so I can't comment on those. I do however, have Momentum OVER ear (full size headphones), and I can say that it's a relatively 'consumer-oriented' v-shaped sound signature. I've heard the Momentum ON-ears and they are tuned in much the same way. It's logical to assume that Sennheiser would tune the Momentum in-ears with a sound signature consistent with the rest of the Momentum line.

I have the SoundMAGIC e10, and they are really nice. They are a little more bass-centric, but not overdone in a boomy way. Instead of the e10, you may want to consider the e30. While I do not own the e30, they are purported to be more neutral. You can read more about both of them in this review thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/581119/review-soundmagic-e10

If you need the control remote, look at the models that end in c (ie e10c, e30c, etc). The 'c' adds the in-line remote.

You pretty much can't go wrong with anything SoundMAGIC makes. I have their HP150 & HP200 full-size headphones as well, and they are stellar.

Thank you, so you would recommend the SoundMagic E10c over the Xiaomi Pro HD?

Apr 2, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #565 of 888
  Thank you, so you would recommend the SoundMagic E10c over the Xiaomi Pro HD?

I think they are both excellent choices, and I listen to both of them. Just toss a coin and get one. You really can't make a wrong choice out of that list.

Apr 3, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #567 of 888
  What are the differences in sound signature between them? 

The 2 are very similar to one another.

I thought the Pro HD was a little brighter and has a tiny bit of sibilance (which I am sensitive to). Even though some describe it as v-shaped, it didn't have enough bass to balance with the treble for my tastes, so I modded it by sealing the smaller of the 2 ports (a common mod on the Pro HD). The mod also helped tame the sibilance.

The e10 is good just the way it is. Great treble, smooth mids (forward too), airy treble and overall really clean sound. It's made real chincy though, and I think that soundMAGIC made the cable better with the e10c. If you are rough on your in-ears (roll them up and jam them in your pocket or bag, tug on the cables or catch them on jackets etc), then you may want to consider the Pro HD because it's a much more robust construction. I baby my e10 and only listen to them at home in bed or on the couch, so they should last a long time.

If you want to read more about both before you decide, this is a good place to hit up:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/soundmagic-e10/reviews
http://www.head-fi.org/products/xiaomi-mi-hybrid-pro-hd

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #569 of 888
I am looking for recommendations on alternative tips for this version... Etymotic triple flange, maybe?

I used generic Comply memory foams for a while & I liked the sound and fit. Now I'm using KZ Starlines for easier/faster insertion on the go.

Flange style tips bother my ears (make them tickle/itch).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back