XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Aug 7, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #856 of 919
I really want to see this ones compared with the other IEMs around the same price.
I love the fact they are not layed back on there presentation, without being fatiguing
I would put them to fight vs VARIATIONS, EJ07M, TEA OG, CANON...

and HISENIOR OKAVANGO when it arrives 😜

Aug 7, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #859 of 919
I would put them to fight vs VARIATIONS, EJ07M, TEA OG Tea2, CANON...

The two Teas and the Top are in the same tuning family. As you go Tea --> Tea2 --> Top, the presentation just gets bigger, fuller, to "wickedawesome". With there being a bigger gap between the Tea series. I find that the Tea2 isn't that far off, from the Top's abilities.

Xenns Trifecta.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #861 of 919
I would put them to fight vs VARIATIONS, EJ07M, TEA OG, CANON...

The Okavango is going to be half the price of the MEGA5EST sub $300 the 5EST is the one shooting for a Variation, EJ sound and price but better.

Aug 9, 2023 at 3:15 AM Post #862 of 919
The Okavango is going to be half the price of the MEGA5EST sub $300 the 5EST is the one shooting for a Variation, EJ sound and price but better.
Comparisons is not about price, its about profile (or driver configuration)

TOP is so close on sound profile to the VARIATIONS. More vibrant, but same impact in bass.
Also, EJ07M is my favourite iem, and anything around 300€ should be compared to my main gear.

I know they are not on the same price range, but thats a secondary point to my understanding about audio.

I test really bad piece of gear that cost 1k or more.

Aug 9, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #863 of 919
Comparisons is not about price, its about profile (or driver configuration)

TOP is so close on sound profile to the VARIATIONS. More vibrant, but same impact in bass.
Also, EJ07M is my favourite iem, and anything around 300€ should be compared to my main gear.

I know they are not on the same price range, but thats a secondary point to my understanding about audio.

I test really bad piece of gear that cost 1k or more.
How do the EJ07M compare with the Xenns Top?

Aug 9, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #864 of 919
How do the EJ07M compare with the Xenns Top?
EJ07M has less bass impact but bass texture is much better to my ears.
Also less treble energy. I found Top to be somewhat fatiguing on certain songs (arround 5k)
Apart from the 5k problem i quite enjoyed Top´s tuning but for me it was lacking in bass texture/stage.
I found the stage of EJ07m wider and more "holographic" presentation.
I own EJ07m Kinda Lava (retuned +3db bass) but also demoed the original EJ07m
Prefer both over Top but EJ07m could use a little more energy in the higher registers

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #865 of 919
EJ07M has less bass impact but bass texture is much better to my ears.
Also less treble energy. I found Top to be somewhat fatiguing on certain songs (arround 5k)
Apart from the 5k problem i quite enjoyed Top´s tuning but for me it was lacking in bass texture/stage.
I found the stage of EJ07m wider and more "holographic" presentation.
I own EJ07m Kinda Lava (retuned +3db bass) but also demoed the original EJ07m
Prefer both over Top but EJ07m could use a little more energy in the higher registers
@Neithan Ill share this opinions.

Also I find scene a little bit bigger on the top. But the texture, layering and scene is better on the shuoer.

EJ07M is less vivid than top, being more comfortable and suitable for high volume listening.

Aug 9, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #866 of 919
@Neithan Ill share this opinions.

Also I find scene a little bit bigger on the top. But the texture, layering and scene is better on the shuoer.

EJ07M is less vivid than top, being more comfortable and suitable for high volume listening.
I've been hearing to the Xenns Top with stock tips and cable and I had no problem with the treble. But I came from the Timeless and the SR5, so I actually think the treble on this is smoother than the SR5.
I find interesting this capability of the EJ07M of presenting more texture in the bass when compared with the Xenns Top, but in other han, I do love the rumble and the vivid presentation of the Top.

Can you share your impressions of the bass on the EJ07M and the Top on the track below, specially in the 09:40 onwards?

And in this one please 😊

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #867 of 919
I'm starting to do some cable rolling... Tried the NiceHCK Meetalice, NiceHCK Superblue, Penon Space and the Penon OS133 (that came with the FAN2) and I didn't think anyone of those did nothing better than the original Cable. All of them made the Xenns Top tammer, without giving nothing back...
I still have a NiceHCK BlackSoul, a BlackCat, PurpleSE and a PWAUDIO Cooper28 v2 to test... Most of reviewers didn't like the original cable, but I don't think it's doing nothing bad. The construction is ok, it's modular and sounds nice 🙂

Aug 10, 2023 at 2:09 AM Post #869 of 919
I've been hearing to the Xenns Top with stock tips and cable and I had no problem with the treble. But I came from the Timeless and the SR5, so I actually think the treble on this is smoother than the SR5.
I find interesting this capability of the EJ07M of presenting more texture in the bass when compared with the Xenns Top, but in other han, I do love the rumble and the vivid presentation of the Top.

Can you share your impressions of the bass on the EJ07M and the Top on the track below, specially in the 09:40 onwards?

And in this one please 😊

Until Saturday I couldn't try again the EJ07M.

Aug 15, 2023 at 5:45 AM Post #870 of 919
that is a fact indeed...
have read your thoughts against the Yanyin s but to me the moment I put Aladdins in my ears I knew that the sub bass rumble was more that noticeable compared to the Teas.... imo bass impact wise Aladdins are the winners, hit harder with more authority and dynamics.
the stage and imaging goes to the Teas as well as the air/space between instruments BUT to the cost of a less full bodied sound aamore linear response I would definitely say making those very good at acoustic tracks maybe but certainly not a ideal all rounder.
of course it's always a matter of personal preference and I can relate to your point of view when you notice "a veil in the vocals" but that added warmth results imo always in a more natural / analogue alike reproduction, not sterile or dry which was a risk for me at least sometimes with the Teas.
believe it or not my biggest dilemma on the Teas was their supposed clear midrange
it was too linear for my taste....
Needles to say that I am not looking for a reference/technical beast earphone anymore... I had ibasso AM05 the definition of a flat sounding earphone and sold it because of that...
all I care these days is musicality and emotional sound.
The timbre of the Yanyins is closer to that and thus closer to my personal definition of a natural sound...
But as you mentioned everyone's ears are different here...... 😉
i agree, musicality is better, though for me bass has to be neutral and natural, even decay/bleed. read the review and it said clear and sweet about midrange... so looking to buy it now, or would anything best it at that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back