Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Sep 16, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #946 of 957
The Vsonic are all good reviews, but in my case there are no models with inline microphone. Also, the GR06 is $10 more than the XPA2PRO. It's a pity nobody tried it for a while yet...

Oct 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #948 of 957
Has anyone tried 2 of any of these to make a comparison..? XPA2PRO, XW700PRO, XSR330PRO, XBFH400PRO, XBF400PRO, PSII PRO

I'm looking to buy one of those, my PSII PRO died a month ago, and i liked them, they had a great bass and overall very good sound..i listen to electronic music 99% of the time, so the bass is important.

thanks

Oct 1, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #949 of 957
I haven't tried any of the other models, but I have the XW700Pro and I like it better than the Ortofon e-q5.  It sounds thicker and has more bass, but it sounds more natural it has as much detail as the Ortofon (Ortofon sounds robotic/synthetic).

Oct 2, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #950 of 957
After the cable started giving issues on my Xears XE200Pro, I asked |Joker| which earphones would best fit me under 50 euro. (http://theheadphonelist.com/articles/earphone-buyers-guide/#comment-668)
Since he was the reason I got the XE200pro, I followed his advice and ordered the Sony MH1 (and a TRRS adapter).
But since I absolutely loved the the XE200pro, I also ordered the Xears XW700Pro.

Unfortunately, the XW700Pro were too big and heavy for my ears and I couldn't get a proper fit, which resulted in loss of sound experience.
I was kind of sad about this because the XW700pro sounded great, the bass was exceptionally tight and responsive. Balance was great and good instrument separation. Only the highs sounded strange, but this is maybe due to the fact I didn't let them burn in. Since I couldn't get a good fit, they sounded distant and not "in ear".

Therefore, I e-mailed Thomas (owner of Xears) a day after I received the XW700Pro and explained my problem. Excellent as his customer service is, he was kind enough to exchange them for the XPA2Pro. Which I received today.
When I receive the TRRS adapter for the Sony MH1, I will write down my comparison between the XE200Pro, XPA2Pro and the MH1. In the meantime, I'm letting the XPA2pro and MH1 burn in.

Oct 11, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #951 of 957
Now that I've tried all the tree headphones on my HTC One X+ and here are my experiences. I can't write like other reviewers do, but I'll do my best to describe the sound.

Updated 20-11-2013, I forgot to burn in the XPA2pro, after letting the XPA2pro properly burn in, the sound changes significantly. Therefore the old review was wrong about the XPA2pro. 

XE200pro vs Sony MH1 vs XPA2Pro (next to the original black cable)

I mainly listen to Indie/Alternative music, but I've tested the headphones with electronic music too.

XE200pro: I still love the sound despite the fact the cable broke and I've got to hold the cable in a loop to get stereo sound. The sound is deep, bassy but balanced. Listening to Radiohead's "Paranoid Android" is a joy. Not only do you get a nice deep bass but also nice instrument separation and an excellent sound stage. Different instruments sound like they come from different places. Guitars sound powerfully, especially combined with a bass-guitar. The overall sound is dark and round but not closed. Electronic music sounds nice with a good overall balance.
The only disadvantage is the way they fit, you've got to try a few different tips before you reach the perfect isolation, otherwise you'll loose a lot of bass.

XPA2Pro:  The bass on this thing is unbelievable. All ruling bass that goes extremely deep and always maintains an resonating punch. They've got an instant fit with whatever eartips you use. The headphones are clearly designed for electronic music/urban with the deep bass. Listening to electronic music is an absolute joy. The sound is stage is amazing, it makes the sound lively and fun to listen too.
Listening to rock music is its weak point due to sibilance. Comparing "White Lies - Farewell to the Fairground" to the other headset shows the MH1 has a bit more detail and clarity to it, expecially when the song gets more crowded with guitars. The XPA2Pro doesn't perform bad at all, the excellent sound stage complements the song, but the sibilance is to obvious. Which makes the MH1 more capable.
The headset is shipped with different screw on nozzles. Black for bass. Red gives you less bass, but more highs, and white gives you even less bass while turning the highs a bit down. I didn't find any use for them as I could use an EQ, but it's a nice feature for the low price.
What I do like is the replaceable cable, which gives me the ability to connect an Android cable (only in red though).
Bassheads will instantly fall in love with the sound. I like to turn the bas a bit down and enjoy the wide soundstage. 

MH1: Comparable with the XE200PRO but not as dark/warm. Highs are a bit higher and guitars show a bit more treble. Excellent instrument separation and balance, best of the three. A lot of detail to the sound. Bass is bit less than the XE200pro and miles behind the XPA2Pro, but very decent and round. Overall the best sound quality of the three for rock music, although the XE200Pro isn't bad either. The only thing is that the soundstage is quite narrow, which could make the sound a bit boring. And of course, the famous cable which will annoy you till death.

As for now, i'm using the Xears XPA2pro, I love the fun sound and deep bass. They fit easily and are of high build quality. 
The Sony MH1 is for studying days, where I don't move a lot and sit in a quite area. I like the detail, but sometimes the sound is boring due to the small soundstage. 
The XE200pro is still a great headphone, but due to cable problems, I wouldn't recommend it. 

I hope this cleared things a bit up. If you've got any questions about these three, please leave a comment and I'll try to answer it.

UPDATED 21-DEC-2013 

Oct 22, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #952 of 957
Burning the XPA2pro in is really important and will resolve much of the "coloured high" issues. But listening to my Creative Aurvana Live made me think different of them. The highs are still much too coloured. 

Still, I haven't heard anything better for electronic music, but for rock, I woudn't recommend them.

UPDATED 21-DEC-2013

Sibilance is the word I was looking for! The sound of the Xpa2pro is affected by sibilance. Which is a shame, because it has some very strong points.

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #953 of 957
Hello. Have someone these headphones? 

http://www.xears.com/fundgrube/xears-xhp1000-highpower-in-ear-kopfhorer-schwarz

I wrote to manufacturer that i want headphones for rock music, for exapmle Pearl Jam, U2, Linkin Park, Metallica, RHCPand jazz like Norah Jones, Joss Stone. I listen to OST by Steve Jablonski and Hans Zimmer. I have all my track on FLAC and ALAc format. Manufacturer send me response that these headphones are good for rock.

The point is to have a balanced sound administration, not much emphasis on bass. To have the excelled the rock bass.

He wrote me:

13mm Driver and strong Powersound!!

http://www.xears.com/fundgrube/xears-xhp1000-highpower-in-ear-kopfhorer-schwarz

for Special Price....

mit freundlichen Grüßen

www.xears.com
Thomas Sommer
Wittstocker Str. 25
10553 Berlin
Deutschland

Nov 14, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #954 of 957
Hi,
I don´t know the recommended headphones, but I have (and had) 7 different Xears from the upper price tag.
And from these, I still enjoy MH700pro and XE200pro ....sometimes :wink: but they´re both bass heavy.
The XM100pro (mini rocket) are crystal clear, but nearly no bass at all (priced € 89 in the past - now 14 
eek.gif
)
The TM 5pro were the most flat, balanced (?) ones I had - maybe these fit your needs (at least from the ones I know)
The XT3 (Copper) are pretty similar, but a little more V-shaped

coupon "klangfuzzis" is still valid and I strongly recommend using it for higher priced IEM.
A bargain for € 30,- , but not worth MSRP ....and the cheapos aren´t worth anything - I guess :wink:

One last word to the "product details" , they are almost the same for every item,
and -so far I know- is Thomas a heavy Techno- / Psytrance-head, (reg. advice for your genre)

Anyone tried the dual-dynamic (seems to be...) 4Core IEM?

sounds interesting ... esp. for € 50,- (only 8h left)
would give them a try if I hadn´t just picked up FiioX3-BrainwavzR3
curious if Xears dual-driver can compete those from Brainwavz (at least R1)

Dec 9, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #955 of 957
Hi,
reading the experiences of other people with dead earphones in this thread I decided to contact Mr Thomas about the whole situation to clear things up. I've bought several Xears models in the past, including TD II, TD III and XE200PRO. TD II died on arrival, TD III died after few months and XE200PRO is still working after 1 year. My previous experiences with Thomas were fantastic, but it seems to me like he's a different person now. I don't know what's happening but I'm done with Xears products, as they are a big gamble.

This is an exchange we had:

To info@xears.com

Dec 8 at 8:42 PM
Hello Mr. Thomas,

I bought 2 pairs of headphones from you, 1 for me and the other for my girl. Even recommended your products to my friends. Aside from substandard accessories and no big name, your earphones provided best sound quality for that price range. Big risk however was them dying during use, no matter how much you take care of them. Both pairs died on me, and you re-sent them without questions, so I had no problems with that. But I hear from people on forums lately and even my friend that you make remarks about invisible 'cuts' or 'damage on cable'. I understand you're trying  to reduce costs, but it shouldn't be customer's fault that you have unreliable production process. I also heard that you reduced warranty, dependable on country where you live. I'm a bit disappointed by all of that. I'm not sure I can recommend / buy your products anymore because you won't replace them or even worse they die just outside your shortened warranty.

Best regards,
X

support@xears.com
To Me

Dec 8 at 9:57 PM
I change only Earphones with Factory Fault. Not when customers used them to hard and if can see demage done by customers.

Dont change Guaranty with Warranty... that are two total different things...

mit freundlichen Grüßen

www.xears.com
Thomas Sommer
Wittstocker Str. 25
10553 Berlin
Deutschland
Telefon: 030 28038686
Email: support@xears.com
USt-ID-Nr.: DE815086836

To support@xears.com

Dec 8 at 10:03 PM
But in some cases there is no damage on the cable and you still reply that there is. Also, there have been many reports of earphones going dead out of thin air, by normal use. I am not talking about extreme damage to cable or housing, that is totally different. What is warranty on Xears earphones for Europe?
Best regards,
X

support@xears.com
To Me

Today at 3:12 PM
What is your Problem??? I still changed one Earphone, right??

mit freundlichen Grüßen

Don't know about you guys, but I don't want to be treated like that as a customer. In future I'll look for a reliable brand and polite customer support. I have no idea what was he even talking about in the last mail.

Apr 11, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #956 of 957
I have the Xears 4 core's.  Based on their sound, I also bought the N3's and the XPA200's.  I have a lot of earphones :).  I would compare the 4 core with the sound of the Wooduo 2's.  The Wooduo 2's are a bit lighter than the 4 core.  But, the 4 core goes louder and the mids are more pronounced than the wooduo.  The 4 core are bass heavy but it isn't overpowering at all.  But, they go really low with good rumble when it's in the song.  The highs are a bit better with the wooduo but, I have a problem with Hisound saying they are capable of 127 db, they are not. 
I was not too sure about the wire on the Xears.  It seemed thin and flimsy.  Has not been a problem to date at all.
The first pair of them had a problem with the left side.  I would hear a "whistling" in the higher mids.  I emailed Thomas.  He asked me to hammer the bad one, send him a pic and he would replace.  Which he did.
I haven't had any issue with the Customer service at all.  Maybe you got him on a bad day?
I am using an X3/E12 or Rockboxed iPod/Cayin C5.  I like music LOUD, the Xears have no problem with the power.  Am really pleased with the 4 cores and the N3's, the XPA's are still OTW.

May 29, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #957 of 957
  Hi,
reading the experiences of other people with dead earphones in this thread I decided to contact Mr Thomas about the whole situation to clear things up. I've bought several Xears models in the past, including TD II, TD III and XE200PRO. TD II died on arrival, TD III died after few months and XE200PRO is still working after 1 year. My previous experiences with Thomas were fantastic, but it seems to me like he's a different person now. I don't know what's happening but I'm done with Xears products, as they are a big gamble.

This is an exchange we had:

To info@xears.com

Dec 8 at 8:42 PM
Hello Mr. Thomas,

I bought 2 pairs of headphones from you, 1 for me and the other for my girl. Even recommended your products to my friends. Aside from substandard accessories and no big name, your earphones provided best sound quality for that price range. Big risk however was them dying during use, no matter how much you take care of them. Both pairs died on me, and you re-sent them without questions, so I had no problems with that. But I hear from people on forums lately and even my friend that you make remarks about invisible 'cuts' or 'damage on cable'. I understand you're trying  to reduce costs, but it shouldn't be customer's fault that you have unreliable production process. I also heard that you reduced warranty, dependable on country where you live. I'm a bit disappointed by all of that. I'm not sure I can recommend / buy your products anymore because you won't replace them or even worse they die just outside your shortened warranty.

Best regards,
X

support@xears.com
To Me

Dec 8 at 9:57 PM
I change only Earphones with Factory Fault. Not when customers used them to hard and if can see demage done by customers.

Dont change Guaranty with Warranty... that are two total different things...

mit freundlichen Grüßen

www.xears.com
Thomas Sommer
Wittstocker Str. 25
10553 Berlin
Deutschland
Telefon: 030 28038686
Email: support@xears.com
USt-ID-Nr.: DE815086836

To support@xears.com

Dec 8 at 10:03 PM
But in some cases there is no damage on the cable and you still reply that there is. Also, there have been many reports of earphones going dead out of thin air, by normal use. I am not talking about extreme damage to cable or housing, that is totally different. What is warranty on Xears earphones for Europe?
Best regards,
X

support@xears.com
To Me

Today at 3:12 PM
What is your Problem??? I still changed one Earphone, right??

mit freundlichen Grüßen

Don't know about you guys, but I don't want to be treated like that as a customer. In future I'll look for a reliable brand and polite customer support. I have no idea what was he even talking about in the last mail.

What the...???!!! What kind of custommer support is this???

HEIL HITLER!! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back