XDUoo XD05PRO
Feb 22, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #1,486 of 2,329
It's out of topic 😂
Aroma audio air I feel it's more forward and sweeter mids. XDUOO XD05 Pro mids sound less forward and more neutral tone.
Both have very good imaging, micro details, huge soundstage.
I actually love both of them. Aroma more suitable to bring as a portable as Xduoo is too big
U won't go wrong with both of them. Both are top quality stuffs
Thanks, appreciated it
I'm looking for small bluetooth DAC/AMP for traveling, so no xd05 :sweat_smile:

Feb 22, 2024 at 7:51 PM Post #1,487 of 2,329
Any impressions in Xduoo XD05 Pro with Burson V5iD opamp?
Planning to upgrade opamp.
Thanks in advance!

Feb 23, 2024 at 12:55 AM Post #1,488 of 2,329
Any impressions in Xduoo XD05 Pro with Burson V5iD opamp?
Planning to upgrade opamp.
Thanks in advance!
I'm using V5i-D all the time now for the last 5 months. At the moment I feel no need to change it. I'm quite pleased with the sound, compared to stock OPA1612 there is more refinement in sound, especially in vocals. I feel that sound is becoming even better with more hours of burn-in time. I'm using it only with my full-sized headphones and have 0 background noise (HD650, HD800S, Focal Clear, Audeze-X).

Feb 23, 2024 at 2:44 AM Post #1,489 of 2,329
It's out of topic 😂
Aroma audio air I feel it's more forward and sweeter mids. XDUOO XD05 Pro mids sound less forward and more neutral tone.
Both have very good imaging, micro details, huge soundstage.
I actually love both of them. Aroma more suitable to bring as a portable as Xduoo is too big
U won't go wrong with both of them. Both are top quality stuffs

I own Aroma Audio Air . First i want to buy XD05 Pro for upgrade in term of technicality specailly on detail and imaging . But after he said, i'm good enough with my air .

Feb 23, 2024 at 7:09 AM Post #1,490 of 2,329
I received my sparkos opamp. And I decided to cut of the pins as was mentioned here a few posts before. Took me a minute or 5 to do so. After installation I decided to listen to a few tracks. To be honest I didn't expect the changes to be much at all. But I think I was wrong? Summary:

- Sound separation is much? more clear.
- Bass seemed more refined.
- Need to turn on volume up a bit more to go to the same level as the stock opamps.

So all in all a worthy upgrade (for me).

Feb 23, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #1,491 of 2,329
Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #1,492 of 2,329
Is there any harm to battery charging the XDuoo05Pro with 60w fast mobile phone charger or should I find a lower watts charger? any recommendation for the Aliexpress Linear power supply to use it in desktop mode? I looked at ifi Ipower X but it is 139 EUR.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #1,493 of 2,329
Is there any harm to battery charging the XDuoo05Pro with 60w fast mobile phone charger or should I find a lower watts charger? any recommendation for the Aliexpress Linear power supply to use it in desktop mode? I looked at ifi Ipower X but it is 139 EUR.
I have purchased this one from Ali, reccomend, have payed 70€ on sale:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EQLhbZb

Feb 25, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #1,494 of 2,329
Did anybody manage to use an iPhone with Lightning (e.g. 14 Pro max) with the XD05 Pro? It doesn’t work for me with the provided lightning cable. Is there something I need to consider before using this combo? No problems with my iPad, though.

Feb 25, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #1,495 of 2,329
Did anybody manage to use an iPhone with Lightning (e.g. 14 Pro max) with the XD05 Pro? It doesn’t work for me with the provided lightning cable. Is there something I need to consider before using this combo? No problems with my iPad, though.

I use this:

IMG_8345.jpeg

Feb 26, 2024 at 6:40 AM Post #1,496 of 2,329
hello from munich too! nice to see people from around the house. unfortunatley i dont have the device yet and also i am not an iphone user anymore, anyways wanted to shoot greetings :beerchug:

Feb 26, 2024 at 6:46 AM Post #1,497 of 2,329
Honestly I don’t remember what the difference was as it was long time ago.
I’ll try to compare it during the weekend if possible and let you know how it goes.
did you find the time to check the differences in soundstage? i am about to order the xd05pro from audiophonics wondering if i already should buy the extra opamps. as i only care for soundstage depth and layering, it would be interesting to know if there is a relevant difference in this, that would justify another 180eur

Feb 26, 2024 at 7:51 AM Post #1,498 of 2,329
I use this:

IMG_8345.jpeg
Jackpot. Thanks for your help!!

I realized I already have a data-only usb-c cable and it worked right away together with an iPhone camera connection kit.

I just checked the manufacturer and It’s even Xduoo 🤣 🤣 (picture attached)

It didn’t came to my mind to try this cable…

Still not sure why Xduoo didn’t add a Lightning cable the X05 pro Box that works, Though.
1708951675893.jpeg

Feb 26, 2024 at 7:54 AM Post #1,499 of 2,329
hello from munich too! nice to see people from around the house. unfortunatley i dont have the device yet and also i am not an iphone user anymore, anyways wanted to shoot greetings :beerchug:
Liebe Grüße von und nach München ☀️👍

Maybe we’ll meet at HighEnd Munich this year?

Feb 26, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #1,500 of 2,329
did you find the time to check the differences in soundstage? i am about to order the xd05pro from audiophonics wondering if i already should buy the extra opamps. as i only care for soundstage depth and layering, it would be interesting to know if there is a relevant difference in this, that would justify another 180eur
Briefly, yes. The Sparkos is definitely better at everything. OPA1612s are decent but they lose out especially on high frequencies. Also for soundstage and layering I would definitely recommend the Sparkos, it’s worth the extra cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back