XDUoo XD05PRO
Feb 20, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #1,472 of 2,325
Xduoo Xd05 Pro vs Ibasso Dc Elite? Help me, please :)
Only you can really answer this question (I know it's not what you expect, but it's the only reasonable answer). I can only suggest certain scenarios and quite general characteristics of both devices. The Xd05 pro is a model that has gained recognition in the world of mobile audio, but it is also a DAC/amp that you can safely consider as a stationary solution. The bar is set very high here. According to many users, the currently most interesting sonically configuration is the ESS dac module and a pair of Sparkos SS3602 operational amplifiers. It is a dynamic, detailed sound with very good bass definition. The device is quite large and heavy, but with a built-in battery you can easily find a place for it in any part of the house and beyond. You probably won't take him for a walk. There is probably an R2R dac module in development that could greatly enhance this package (ess, romh and akm variants are currently available). I only heard ESS.
The DC Elite is a typical portable dac/amp without a battery, not simply an audio dongle. Due to its mature sound, this is how I would classify it. If you are a person who listens to music more often while traveling, the choice is obvious. It will work perfectly with a smartphone, but will also significantly expand the potential of many daps. Although you can also use it successfully in desktop mode (with PC). It's really great.
For me, the most important difference in sound is the timbre. DC Elite is a ROHM dac that to my ears sounds very natural and credible in the area of vocal and instrument timbre. I really like this type of presentation. The ESS in the xd05 pro, due to its dynamics, is more focused on maximum transmission in the area of details, this is also an advantage, but at the same time it is a slightly sharper sound.
Both are great.
Maybe this will help you make your decision a bit.

Feb 20, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #1,474 of 2,325
Feb 21, 2024 at 3:05 AM Post #1,475 of 2,325
I have a problem with sound output in windows 11. In Tidal for example, the following happens:

1. When I pause and the play --> no sound output. I need to switch power modes or reinsert headphone to get sound output.
2. When I forward a song or press next song --> no sound output. I need to switch power modes or reinsert headphone to get sound output.
3. Sometimes I even get to protected mode

In Edge windows (youtube) for example, the following happens:
1. pause for more than 10 seconds --> no sound output. I need to switch power modes or reinsert headphone to get sound output.
2. When I close browser --> no sound output. I need to switch power modes or reinsert headphone to get sound output.

In general, it seems that if no audio is being played for some times, sound won't go into the headphone.

Has anyone succeeded on downloading the windows software? : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12qm4V2IJMK40Evzb2kFNgatGaYEs6gku. It seems I can't download this one. I was hoping this could fix the issue.

--------
When I try the same with Ipad Pro ---> NO ISSUES. Tidal plays without problem. I can switch songs, pause songs for a minute and then resume. Close browser. Playback is still working no need to re-insert the headphone or change power mode.

I've tried connecting both to usb a and usb c of the Lenovo legion pro 7 laptop --> same issue

What could be the problem?

Solved: I finally managed to install the software. Now I don't have anymore playback issues.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 12:09 AM Post #1,476 of 2,325

Attachments

• 20240221_193626.jpg
    20240221_193626.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240221_193617.jpg
    20240221_193617.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240221_193609.jpg
    20240221_193609.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Feb 22, 2024 at 6:17 AM Post #1,480 of 2,325
My Xduoo XD05 Pro leather case just came in! 😍
IMG_20240221_195045.jpg

Feb 22, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #1,483 of 2,325
Black or blue ?
The black one , the blue coloured one is Aroma Audio Air Bluetooth DAC amp. Sorry for the confusion.

Feb 22, 2024 at 8:14 AM Post #1,485 of 2,325
Sorry for OOT

Can you give some impression how Aroma Air sound compare to other Bluetooth DAC/AMP ?
I'm interested with this small DAC/AMP but couldn't find many review

TIA
It's out of topic 😂
Aroma audio air I feel it's more forward and sweeter mids. XDUOO XD05 Pro mids sound less forward and more neutral tone.
Both have very good imaging, micro details, huge soundstage.
I actually love both of them. Aroma more suitable to bring as a portable as Xduoo is too big
U won't go wrong with both of them. Both are top quality stuffs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back