XDUoo XD05PRO
Feb 13, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #1,426 of 2,346
Qualcuno ha trovato una soluzione su come inserire OP-AMPS più grandi come Burson V6 a bordo?🫤

IMG_8212.jpeg

Feb 13, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #1,427 of 2,346
Feb 14, 2024 at 7:24 AM Post #1,429 of 2,346
I coupled my device to windows laptop. When I don't play something from my computer for like 1 minute, no audio is registered. In order for it to work again I need to switch power mode.

Does this sound familiar to you?

Feb 14, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #1,430 of 2,346
I coupled my device to windows laptop. When I don't play something from my computer for like 1 minute, no audio is registered. In order for it to work again I need to switch power mode.

Does this sound familiar to you?
I don’t have this problem. I have it plugged in most of the time.
What mode are you using it in, battery or external ?

Feb 15, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #1,431 of 2,346
I don’t have this problem. I have it plugged in most of the time.
What mode are you using it in, battery or external ?

external

Feb 15, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #1,434 of 2,346
Feb 15, 2024 at 11:31 PM Post #1,435 of 2,346
Still waiting for my XD05 Pro. But had a chance to do some comparing to other dac/amps with a friend. All I can say is wow. The price to performance is crazy. Compared it to the Fiio R9. And I'm just blown away how close they are. And to say I prefer the XD05 Pro a bit more is awesome. I found the XD05 Pro to have slightly more dynamics and punch. A touch smoother treble and wider staging. Resolution are about on par, maybe the R9 is just a touch more detailed in the treble, just a touch. But that also could be due to being a touch brighter. The R9 is flatter and more studio sounding where the XD05 Pro has some fun. But I defs feel the XD05 Pro has more dynamics, more grunt and power to the sound, it really brings things to life. And the staging, it's great. Truly price to performance wise, it's amazing 😁. And it's awesome that you can simply unplug it, switch into battery mode, and that's it. Want to go to the backyard? Living room? Maybe a little trip to the park. You have freedom and don't have to be stuck to a desk or table and can basically get highend desktop grade sound quality on the go. The thing is big. But the sound quality is immensely huge. Really really want mine now haha

Feb 16, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #1,437 of 2,346
This thing sounds incredible stock. Using it to run my E3's by Dan Clark so that I have a fully portable studio for production work. EXTREMELY effective and very powerful! This is the portable DAC/AMP of my dreams.
I've also been thinking to revert back to stock op-amps so I can stop worrying about the heat produced from the Sparkos, especially that winter will be ending soon. The OPA1612s are a wonderful invention !

Feb 16, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #1,438 of 2,346
@nioh
Pletier cooler semiconductor

This is just such an example solution, I did not do it. It seems to be good because does not need fan, you can only give a heat sink for heat dissipation. Pletier tile is required power supply 12V.
aliexpress.com/item/32844662243.html

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 2:08 AM Post #1,439 of 2,346
I've also been thinking to revert back to stock op-amps so I can stop worrying about the heat produced from the Sparkos, especially that winter will be ending soon. The OPA1612s are a wonderful invention !
from reading you would give up quite a bit of soundstage expansion. Would you say its not as much as it is said in some reviews?

Feb 17, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #1,440 of 2,346
from reading you would give up quite a bit of soundstage expansion. Would you say its not as much as it is said in some reviews?
Honestly I don’t remember what the difference was as it was long time ago.
I’ll try to compare it during the weekend if possible and let you know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back