xDuoo XD05 Balanced
Mar 5, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #47 of 569
Thanks @slex !
Expecting my XD-05 BAL very soon and judging by your picture the Burson V5i-D's dimensions are the max assuming you can still close the lid.
Yes it will fully close it.

Mar 7, 2021 at 12:34 AM Post #50 of 569
The golden V4i-D from Aliexpress will arrive in a couples a day, I will compare it to Burson V5i-D.
Screenshot_20210218-110024_AliExpress.jpg

Mar 17, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #51 of 569
Great. As per advisement from xDuoo support, he advocate not to charge when power is ON.
I will be using this small red LPS for external power usage.
what is the value output for this?
5V 2A?

edit, see the spec from AE. the LPS is 5V 1A... is it adequate for XD05 bal to run via LPS/AC power?

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #52 of 569
what is the value output for this?
5V 2A?

edit, see the spec from AE. the LPS is 5V 1A... is it adequate for XD05 bal to run via LPS/AC power?
I'm running it with no problem. Support from xDuoo recommend it and said its enough current to supply it.

Mar 17, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #53 of 569
I have tested the custom V4i-D for a week now and prefer it over Burson V5i-D. It's abit higher, it will touch the top cover , you need to push down the legs to enable to close the cover.

The V4i-D has wider stage then V5i-D and more balanced soundfield while V5i emphasize on low frequency ,the V4i has better highs, it's more suited for ES9038 DAC ( highlighted below)
Screenshot_20210218-110024_AliExpress.jpg

Mar 23, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #54 of 569
Case are out for grab in tabao!
Screenshot_20210323-164933_Lazada.jpg

Mar 26, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #55 of 569
Just discovered this thread after reading the review on headfonia - I'm surprised by the lack of interest/reviews - by all accounts this seems like a cracking device....

Mar 28, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #56 of 569
got mine yesterday, quite pleased with it. running it with AQ Nighthawks, waiting for V4i-D.

Just one irritating drawback: making unpleasant noise when chaning tracks through USB

It is a shame you cannot use the device without the lid. I would use OPM401 for dekstop and switch them to V4i-D when going out. I am thinking about cutting out the window in case for discrete OPAMPs... and make lid on 3D printer, but I guess that is a plan for distant future.

right now using it with iFi iPurifier 3. maybe it is placebo, but I get the feeling it sounds just a tad clearer than without. like the resolution of details in background is a little better with more air between sounds too... but that could be placebo. will have to test it with some better headphones and with bettter OPA

Mar 28, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #57 of 569
got mine yesterday, quite pleased with it. running it with AQ Nighthawks, waiting for V4i-D.

Just one irritating drawback: making unpleasant noise when chaning tracks through USB

It is a shame you cannot use the device without the lid. I would use OPM401 for dekstop and switch them to V4i-D when going out. I am thinking about cutting out the window in case for discrete OPAMPs... and make lid on 3D printer, but I guess that is a plan for distant future.

right now using it with iFi iPurifier 3. maybe it is placebo, but I get the feeling it sounds just a tad clearer than without. like the resolution of details in background is a little better with more air between sounds too... but that could be placebo. will have to test it with some better headphones and with bettter OPA
I never have noise while changing tracks through USB connection using UAPP app on smartphones. Yes, it cannot operate without the lid close, must be grounding for the balanced interface, I assumed.

How nice if it could be fitted with a cutout on lid for bigger discrete opamps like Burson V6 or even Sparks ( with extension)👍

Mar 28, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #58 of 569
maybe it is placebo, but I get the feeling it sounds just a tad clearer than without. like the resolution of details in background is a little better with more air between sounds too

That's exactly what iPurifiers do. By removing noise they make background darker and instrumental/vocal outlines more distinct. The effect might be subtle, but noticeable enough to take it as an improvement.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Mar 28, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #59 of 569
That's exactly what iPurifiers do. By removing noise they make background darker and instrumental/vocal outlines more distinct. The effect might be subtle, but noticeable enough to take it as an improvement.
I just noticed I could stick 5 ifi digital enhancers into this Dac amp🤣

Anyway, the ifi ipurifier3 does not comes in USB C type, does it? I think will try the iSilencer+ type C to reduce RF and EMI.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #60 of 569
I never have noise while changing tracks through USB connection using UAPP app on smartphones. Yes, it cannot operate without the lid close, must be grounding for the balanced interface, I assumed.

How nice if it could be fitted with a cutout on lid for bigger discrete opamps like Burson V6 or even Sparks ( with extension)👍
Can you please try Tidal in Windows? Also USB-C connection to Android phone? Sometimes I hear this trange noise in one headphone, sometimes in another, sometimes in both. It is irritating.

Is mine unit faulty? AFF. Second buy from Xduoo, problems again. QC not good enough...

Btw, nothing is superior to OPM401SE, it is cheaper than Burson and just the best in world. This korean guy is killing it.
I just noticed I could stick 5 ifi digital enhancers into this Dac amp🤣

Anyway, the ifi ipurifier3 does not comes in USB C type, does it? I think will try the iSilencer+ type C to reduce RF and EMI.

It comes with all kinds of adapters allowing connection of everything to everything. I wanted to sell mine before buying Xduoo, but now.. I think I will stick with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back