XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Jan 25, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #841 of 2,100
Argh, having some issues unscrewing my front panel. Somehow 2 screws seem to be different from the rest. Anyone else faced this with their unit? 

Jan 25, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #842 of 2,100
My unit is black, and doesn't have grounding and singing problem. Here I share some experiences I have:

1) op-amp rolling. SS V5i dual is a fantastic choice. It keeps the details and becomes more musical. The stock opa1612 is also good, at least on the specs, very low distortion. This doesn't effect the line-out.

2) filters. I prefer PCM3, or PCM1, because someone said PCM1 and PCM3 are the same, PCM2 and PCM4 are the same. I can't tell. I fell PCM3 has more energy.

3) The XMOS USB interface. On many DACs, even good ones, the USB port is the weakness. In general, I hear an improvement when using coaxial digital input on my XD-05 than USB input. This improvement is even more than just op-amp rolling. A good USB to Digital interface is very helpful, and can be used in better devices in the future. 

4) Headphones. Fidelio X2 and DT770 sounds what I expected, clean and controlled. Bigger soundstage than on my x10.

Jan 25, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #843 of 2,100
  2) filters. I prefer PCM3, or PCM1, because someone said PCM1 and PCM3 are the same, PCM2 and PCM4 are the same. I can't tell. I fell PCM3 has more energy.

Just in case you were referring to the measurements I posted previously.
tongue_smile.gif

Please let me clarify... I did some quick measurements of the FR on the 4 filters and found PCM1 and PCM3 to be the same, and similarly with PCM2 and PCM4. The measurements showed that PCM2 and PCM4 have more treble roll off compared to the other two...
However, since I only measured FR, there have been more recent posts discussing non-FR differences between the 4 filters 
beerchug.gif

Jan 26, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #844 of 2,100
For those of you who bought the burson op amp, how long did it take to deliver and did you have tracking information? I ordered mine on the 9th and for a shipping confirmation and taking number but whenever I try to locate the package, it gives me an error about an inaccurate trading id. Thanks in advance.

Jan 26, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #845 of 2,100
For those of you who bought the burson op amp, how long did it take to deliver and did you have tracking information? I ordered mine on the 9th and for a shipping confirmation and taking number but whenever I try to locate the package, it gives me an error about an inaccurate trading id. Thanks in advance.

Mine took about 8 working days to deliver to Melbourne, Australia. The tracking ID they gave me worked until it left HK. After that there was no tracking for me.

I reckon it might be different if you're from elsewhere as there's a separate option for Australia in the shipping options.

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #848 of 2,100
when i ordered mine, no tracking.
the funny thing, after a long time, is that i receveid one mail with shipping confirmation and tracking number in the same day that i received the package.
i don´t understand this

Jan 27, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #849 of 2,100

I got a tracking number that only showed the package had left Honk Kong. Even when I received it 3 weeks later it was still showing the same. I live in Canada.
Regards

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #851 of 2,100

The separation and detail is better than some $400 portable players. 

I like the bass boost. It push the sub bass smoothly by +6dB, and not bleed into the mid. OK, maybe 6dB is not much for some bass-heads.

source:
https://headphoniaks.com/blog/en/xduoo-xd-05-analisis-review/

Heals, a couple of things:
1. How's the sound stage and separation?
2. Does the bass boost push the sub bass well?

Other than those two, not much I can think of. Just a matter of hearing it and making sure it's "right".

Also, I got to check the Aurem Fidelity templates that airwyn mentioned. I'll go to their meet this weekend to check it out.

Holypal nailed it, couldn't give you a better answer if I tried.

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #852 of 2,100
I got an email with a tracking number on the 18th of this month (about 3 days after I placed my order).  It shows that my order left Hong Kong on the 19th, and the status has not been updated since.  It does indicate that the final carrier will be USPS, but other than that no indication whatsoever of when I will actually receive it.

Quote:

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #853 of 2,100

You probably won't get any notice from USPS, it will just show up. Mine took about 2 1/2 weeks to arrive in the US from Gearbest.

Jan 28, 2017 at 3:40 AM Post #855 of 2,100
  I find that the XD-05 has a pretty noticeable sub-bass roll off

this is probably because it has a very low output impedance ( about 0.4ohm)
If you compare with another amp with a higher impedance, on a headphone with a rather low impedance and/or mechanically low-damped membrane, there will be a slight bump in the low end
(see the different measurements on Reference Audio Analyzer , the xduoo is very linear on headphones at all levels and for example, it's not the case for the OPPO Ha2 with an output impedance of only 1.3ohm ! )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back